• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ND and ACC football

york1313

Reaction score
Does last night's drubbing help or hurt the ACC'S chances of ND being a full member? Does this show that ND can make it without the ACC? Or does it show that ND didn't belong and won't get another invite without winning a conference championship and forcing a selection committee's hand?

Did the BCS check clear last night? That probably comes later.

ND will be fine as an independent as long as they have the ability to play in BCS bowl games and have the contract with NBC. Both of those will remain until the major conferences form a pact to keep lower conferences from playing in the BCS games, which is a possibility down the road.

It shows that even by association by sheer osmosis, ACC football has dragged down ND.

Unless there's evidence that the voters will prop up one-loss SEC or maybe Pac-12 teams ahead of an undefeated ND, I think they stay Independent.

I don't know about the $$$ considerations, but we know that ND performed about like I would expect our conference champion to perform against the SEC champ, so at least we know they'll fit in here.

ND will be fine as an independent as long as they have the ability to play in BCS bowl games and have the contract with NBC. Both of those will remain until the major conferences form a pact to keep lower conferences from playing in the BCS games, which is a possibility down the road.

Some version of "lower conferences and/or teams" IS the future for ND, Wake, Duke, etc. And that wont disappoint me.

It shows that even by association by sheer osmosis, ACC football has dragged down ND.

I'd believe that if it weren't for this:

200px-Louisville_Cardinals.svg.png

I don't know about the $$$ considerations, but we know that ND performed about like I would expect our conference champion to perform against the SEC champ, so at least we know they'll fit in here.

Not saying you are wrong about any ACC team vs. Alabama but the ACC did really well this bowl season.

Clemson would have played Alabama tougher than ND last night, esp. if Watkins could play. Boyd is a superior QB.

It would have been much easier to see ND lose that much knowing they went undefeated in the conference for sure, plus winning the conference championship game.

The ACC isn't in a bad place. There is every reason to believe it will be one of four super conferences down the road. We will be by a mile the best basketball conference and we'll play second fiddle to the SEC but can hang with the other conferences.

The ACC isn't in a bad place. There is every reason to believe it will be one of four super conferences down the road. We will be by a mile the best basketball conference and we'll play second fiddle to the SEC but can hang with the other conferences.

Louisville only helps this, at least in the present.

It would be very good for the ACC if they playoff was 8 teams. This would guarantee the ACC winner a slot in the NC discussion. Also, it would be easier to finish one than to finish in the top 2 in the SEC. Also, it would allow the ACC winner and ND to be in the NC discussion.

I think eventually it will be an 8 team playoff. Other teams that have solid seasons will still have bowls.

Back