• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ND Friday Night Tailgate

My hope is that it'll turn up Saturday. I picked apart the trailer and didnt see it, but it could be on there somewhere I didnt look, or someone else picked it up.

That basically means that the attendants will arrive 8 hours prior to kickoff.

Only n00bs will get there at noon on Saturday...so late.

Also, the person within the Deacon Club that I spoke to assured me that we would have no problems from security, and that he'd let them know we were there to provide some extra security.

Deacsfan27 -

There is a ND pep rally taking place at 5 on campus on Friday

Check that again. The ND Alum Club is saying there's a pep rally downtown somewhere that is limited to 500 folks.

Would be pretty ballzee for them to hold one on campus....and would think they'd be politely prohibited from same by Wake.

Deacsfan27 -

Check that again. The ND Alum Club is saying there's a pep rally downtown somewhere that is limited to 500 folks.

Would be pretty ballzee for them to hold one on campus....and would think they'd be politely prohibited from same by Wake.

He meant that Wake is holding a pep rally before playing ND and that it will be on campus. You interpreted it incorrectly is all;)

I was unclear haha...there is a Wake Forest pep rally on campus for the ND game at 5 lol.

Almost Gold is looking for a karaoke machine to use for its tailgate. The one we were planing on using is unavailable this weekend. Does anyone have recommendations on cheap karaoke machines or have one that we can rent at a reasonable rate?

Score! Managed to grab an RV pass, so Almost Gold will be camped out over in the red lot with an extremely redneck pop-up camper in the back of giDEACon's pickup and a slightly less redneck tow-behind camper trailer that forensicdeac is bringing up. At least I'll have a soft place to lay down after I throw the brisket on the smoker around 3 AM!

We'll have plenty of power over in the RV lot in case any of the all-nighters need to charge phones, etc.

Score! Managed to grab an RV pass, so Almost Gold will be camped out over in the red lot with an extremely redneck pop-up camper in the back of giDEACon's pickup and a slightly less redneck tow-behind camper trailer that forensicdeac is bringing up. At least I'll have a soft place to lay down after I throw the brisket on the smoker around 3 AM!

We'll have plenty of power over in the RV lot in case any of the all-nighters need to charge phones, etc.

How does power access work out there?

How does power access work out there?

In the RV lot? The power box comes with your spot. Has multiple 220 and 110 volt hookups. Power access in the rest of the lots is "mostly" limited to what you bring in (i.e. a battery and AC convertor, etc).

The guys across the intersection from us have a power hookup, so we're just going to run an extension cord overnight, and will pick it up Saturday morning.

In the RV lot? The power box comes with your spot. Has multiple 220 and 110 volt hookups. Power access in the rest of the lots is "mostly" limited to what you bring in (i.e. a battery and AC convertor, etc).

What does that cost? Seems like that would be the ideal lot even without an RV.

What does that cost? Seems like that would be the ideal lot even without an RV.

It's quite a bit more than a normal parking pass. I'm not sure what the total cost was this year as we've just been buying unused passes on the secondary market from Deacon fans who only travel in for a few games.

I would love that. At least run it down our tree-lined row of the Blue Lot.

The trees (and their roots) make that one of the hardest places to run it, unfortunately. There actually is some power over there...be creative. ;)

Just rubbed down a 13 pound brisket for lunch on Saturday. Have another guy coming who's going to smoke a shoulder for dinner.

The trees (and their roots) make that one of the hardest places to run it, unfortunately. There actually is some power over there...be creative. ;)

Just rubbed down a 13 pound brisket for lunch on Saturday. Have another guy coming who's going to smoke a shoulder for dinner.

Where? We use a power inverter.

It's quite a bit more than a normal parking pass. I'm not sure what the total cost was this year as we've just been buying unused passes on the secondary market from Deacon fans who only travel in for a few games.

I believe the RV season pass is $500 or $600.

Probably gonna stop by after the exhibition game for a couple of brewskies with people.

Back