• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ND Tailgate tickets

giDEACon

Reaction score
Does anyone have some extra tickets to the WF tailgate in South Bend? I didn't get my act together and they sold out before I could order. I'm coming into town Saturday morning with my wife and father so looking for 3 if anyone has extras. Thanks in advance and will look forward to walking around campus so appreciate all the "gotta do this when you go to South Bend" posts.

Sorry you're going to be there to witness the slaughter buddy.

Same thing happened to a portion of our group. We have 5 on the waiting list for the tailgate (which is supposed to be nice compared to other Deacon Club events).

Does anyone know where, in relation to the stadium, the WF tailgate is going to be?

So if we walk up and want to hang around with fellow Deacons after traveling from NC to support the team (but not wanting to be tied down to a tailgate), they are really going to turn us away? That would just be classic WFU..

So if we walk up and want to hang around with fellow Deacons after traveling from NC to support the team (but not wanting to be tied down to a tailgate), they are really going to turn us away? That would just be classic WFU..

Well they did tell a season ticket holder to sit down when we were getting smacked by Clemson. So it's not out of the realm of possibility.

The only other event I can remember doing at an away game through the school was at Navy several years ago and it seemed like you could pretty much roll up and hang out but had to turn in a ticket to get food. I was thinking of picking up something from one of the ND student organizations and hanging around fellow Deacs but wasn't sure if this thing was inside or going to be more regulated. I never made it over to the DC events at Stanford or Ole Miss so wasn't sure how those were set up.

I missed the cutoff as well, but my brother and I figured we'd just grab something on our way out of Chicago and tailgate on our own.

Food, beverage planning purposes?

Food, beverage planning purposes?

I could care less about that. But they would honestly bar us from entry? Given some of the major donors I know that are going to be with my group and walking up (not me at all/no humblebrag), I can guarantee that this would cause some major ire towards the DC. Methinks it won't be an issue, but we shall see.

I could care less about that. But they would honestly bar us from entry? Given some of the major donors I know that are going to be with my group and walking up (not me at all/no humblebrag), I can guarantee that this would cause some major ire towards the DC. Methinks it won't be an issue, but we shall see.
The people determining who does and doesn't get in has no idea and probably doesn't give a shit who your friends are. It is their job to take tickets and probably little more.

If your friends are as high up in the DC and important as you say, just have them call and request some tailgate tickets ahead of time. Easy solution.

The people determining who does and doesn't get in has no idea and probably doesn't give a shit who your friends are. It is their job to take tickets and probably little more.

If your friends are as high up in the DC and important as you say, just have them call and request some tailgate tickets ahead of time. Easy solution.

Well they're my parents friends to be honest and twice my age. We/they decided we would rather tour the campus/have our own tailgate (about 50 people going) rather than pay 60 bucks and be tied down to a Wake tailgate. I would hope and think they'll be accommodating to all Wake fans that have made the trek and this will be a non-issue. I think there's a good chance this happens anyways. Non one is going try to sneak in to steal their food/beer or anything.

I remember a Deacon Club tailgate @ FSU one year. I didn't have tickets and swung by, but didn't see anybody remotely my age, so I peaced out. It was basically you needed a ticket for food.

My parents just set up their own tailgate and do their own thing. No reason to pay that much for a tailgate IMO unless it's part of a package.

Back