• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Nearly half of all adults say they have changed online behavior since NSA revelations

BobStackFan4Life

Reaction score
Life in the Panopticon

Nearly half the nation's adults changed their behavior online because of the National Security Agency’s (NSA) snooping programs, according to a new poll.

The Harris Interactive survey found that 47 percent of adults were thinking more carefully about what they do, what they say or where they go on the Internet in light of the spying revelations that began emerging last summer.
http://thehill.com/blogs/hillicon-valley/technology/202434-poll-nearly-half-say-nsa-news-affected-behaior#ixzz2xkXa2X3o

Just think how all the foreign governments and terrorists have changed.

The subservient among you, those who have consistently been cheerleaders for the surveillance state, will no doubt be happy with this development.

my reaction to that poll
1242.gif

Reactions: ONW
I have not spoken to one single adult who has changed their online behavior following the NSA revelations.

I have not spoken to one single adult who has changed their online behavior following the NSA revelations.

You ask people about their online behavior?

if you read beyond the headlines, it says that in that 47% it includes people who are rethinking their online habits in light of the revelation that their data is very likely being stored by government agencies and that, more generally, no matter who holds your data it's vulnerable either via built-in backdoors, hackers (corporate, government, terrorist, white collar crimes, whatever), or just from a rouge or even careless employee at one of the many, many businesses that have your personal and financial information.

In my experience much more than 50% of the people I talk to think this is a problem, and i'm one of them. hell, i get scared at just how targeted ads are these days...i buy something new at harris teeter and one hour later i see a google ad for it.

I also suggest people watch the annual DEF CON (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DEF_CON) hacker conventions, they've been going on for over 20 years now and they're very informative if you like IT subjects and want to see just how deep the rabbit hole can go.

so how long before BSF4L comes up missing?

Nearly half of Republicans thought Obama was a Kenyan Muslim for several years.

i wouldn't call it "changing my behavior" but i do throw NSA jokes in texts about drugs now

Back