• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Need a new house phone

Wake95

Reaction score
I can't remember the last time I bought a new phone for the house.....but all of ours are dying and need to be replaced. I know I should probably just get rid of the land line, but the wife likes having one and it is just easier to replace them rather than having to redo our house alarm etc. Anyway, I am looking for a phone that has an answering machine in the base unit and 3-4 other cordless units to place around the house. Any recs on the best brand? Or are they all going to be basically the same? Any online places to get good deals?

tin-can-telephone.jpg

I have a phone connected to ooma. At costco for around $70 you can get three phones with only one of them that needs to connect to a walljack. Plus they have a bluetooth feature that connects to your cell phone if you like.

I can't remember the last time I bought a new phone for the house.....but all of ours are dying and need to be replaced. I know I should probably just get rid of the land line, but the wife likes having one and it is just easier to replace them rather than having to redo our house alarm etc. Anyway, I am looking for a phone that has an answering machine in the base unit and 3-4 other cordless units to place around the house. Any recs on the best brand? Or are they all going to be basically the same? Any online places to get good deals?

Wake 95 thinks its still '95.

No idea why anyone has a house phone anymore. Only thing it's good for is telemarketers.

Circuit City probably has a decent selection

Back