• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Need Ghost Story Ideas

RicoSuave

Reaction score
We're co-hosting an adult halloween party this weekend in a commercial building, and we want to give "ghost tours" of the vacant upstairs of the building. The problem is that I'm drawing a blank. Luckily we have some very creative minds in the Pit and I'm sure you guys can come up with something awesome. You don't have to provide the details, but just give me the basic plot of a ghost story.

The upstairs area was a sewing plant in the 50s or 60s and has been abandoned since that time. It a large room with brick walls and high ceilings, with large windows overlooking a town square. Since it was last used as a sewing plant, there are long power cords hanging from the ceiling every few feet, which held light bulbs above each work station. You access it by a long narrow stairway or an old-timey elevator, both of which are scary as hell. And the large bathroom has 4 or 5 stalls and is creepy as hell for some reason. Everyone who goes up there, even in the middle of the day, gets creeped out when entering that bathroom, so I'd like to incorporate that into my story.

Potential themes are the sweatshop idea, jumping from a window onto the town square, something about the creepy elevator, and preferably something scary that occurred in the bathroom.

Thanks in advance for your ideas.

And don't suggest "goth chick got seduced" because goth chicks didn't exist in the 1950s and 60s

We're co-hosting an adult halloween party this weekend in a commercial building, and we want to give "ghost tours" of the vacant upstairs of the building. The problem is that I'm drawing a blank. Luckily we have some very creative minds in the Pit and I'm sure you guys can come up with something awesome. You don't have to provide the details, but just give me the basic plot of a ghost story.

The upstairs area was a sewing plant in the 50s or 60s and has been abandoned since that time. It a large room with brick walls and high ceilings, with large windows overlooking a town square. Since it was last used as a sewing plant, there are long power cords hanging from the ceiling every few feet, which held light bulbs above each work station. You access it by a long narrow stairway or an old-timey elevator, both of which are scary as hell. And the large bathroom has 4 or 5 stalls and is creepy as hell for some reason. Everyone who goes up there, even in the middle of the day, gets creeped out when entering that bathroom, so I'd like to incorporate that into my story.

Potential themes are the sweatshop idea, jumping from a window onto the town square, something about the creepy elevator, and preferably something scary that occurred in the bathroom.

the tale of the razor in the wrong body place

if you give a boogity a taco night

Have you looked into ghost stories of other homes.

Here are two that immediately came to my mind:

Old Salem's Single Brother's House

Home in Salisbury that was investigated

Perhaps you could take other ghost stories and tweak them to work for you.

Boogity's "adult" Halloween party. How do I get an invite?

pitch it as a place where unexplained deaths continue to happen. the sewing plant was run by a man always haunted by his own demons who wanted to take out his wrath on the young girls who worked for him in the sewing plant, but he never got caught and some think he continues to haunt the building today, yadda yadda yadda.

Then you can go into details about how one young worker was taking the elevator up to work one morning, running a few minutes behind when suddenly she dropped to her death... (tie it back into how the man who ran the plant had a zero tolerance policy on lateness).

For the bathroom-- a worker was mysteriously drowned in the toilet after spending too much time fixing her hair during a break from work (...okay that one's kinda dumb.)

For the stairwell-- worker pushed down the stairs after trying to sneak out early from work.

a few basic scary vignettes should work well since you have lots of small creepy spaces to work with. I'd tie it all in with the "scary plant owner who expected so much out of his workers. so much so that he'd threaten to kill them if they didn't live up to his expectations!"

Pregnant seamstress has baby/miscarries in bathroom stall. You can still hear a baby crying in there today. Distraught, she falls down the stairs to her death. And now you can still hear a woman crying, "my baby, my baby..."

images

Boogity's "adult" Halloween party. How do I get an invite?

We had to specify "adult" party in the invitations because if we didn't, some people would bring their kids. And kids can be a bummer at an adult party.

It used to be a regular party place for 5 or 6 couples each Friday night, but inevitably someone would invite a friend-of-a-friend (normally a recently divorced mom) out of sympathy and they would have 2 or 3 children tagging along and the children would run around wild and mess with the balls on the billiards table and eat all the wings and pizza. So we finally had to be jerks and implement a no-kids rule.

Pregnant seamstress has baby/miscarries in bathroom stall. You can still hear a baby crying in there today. Distraught, she falls down the stairs to her death. And now you can still hear a woman crying, "my baby, my baby..."

THANK YOU! Thats exactly what I was looking for!

pitch it as a place where unexplained deaths continue to happen. the sewing plant was run by a man always haunted by his own demons who wanted to take out his wrath on the young girls who worked for him in the sewing plant, but he never got caught and some think he continues to haunt the building today, yadda yadda yadda.

Then you can go into details about how one young worker was taking the elevator up to work one morning, running a few minutes behind when suddenly she dropped to her death... (tie it back into how the man who ran the plant had a zero tolerance policy on lateness).

For the bathroom-- a worker was mysteriously drowned in the toilet after spending too much time fixing her hair during a break from work (...okay that one's kinda dumb.)

For the stairwell-- worker pushed down the stairs after trying to sneak out early from work.

a few basic scary vignettes should work well since you have lots of small creepy spaces to work with. I'd tie it all in with the "scary plant owner who expected so much out of his workers. so much so that he'd threaten to kill them if they didn't live up to his expectations!"

Some great ideas there.

Back