• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Need Legal Advice

So are they going to know I had prescribed amphetamines in my system, and will that affect the speed? This is for a charge of essentially impaired driving, so I don't know if they would even test for it.

I don't know how the lab in question performs its tests. Most labs that I know of have a standard panel of screens that they will run on a blood sample. Most of the time the panel will include common drugs of abuse. These may include THC, opiates (narcotic analgesics), amphetamine/methamphetamine, benzodiazepines (ie xanax and valium) and cocaine.

A positive screen should always be confirmed. A second test will most likely add to the reporting time versus a sample being completely negative.

If your sample came across my desk, I would more than likely find the amphetamine.

I don't know how the lab in question performs its tests. Most labs that I know of have a standard panel of screens that they will run on a blood sample. Most of the time the panel will include common drugs of abuse. These may include THC, opiates (narcotic analgesics), amphetamine/methamphetamine, benzodiazepines (ie xanax and valium) and cocaine.

A positive screen should always be confirmed. A second test will most likely add to the reporting time versus a sample being completely negative.

If your sample came across my desk, I would more than likely find the amphetamine.

I mean, I reported the amphetamine to the PO. What I'm asking is if they will have the information that I'm prescribed it, and if so will they test for it?

I don't care, I'm just trying to estimate when I'll hear the results.

This reminds me of a funny story. While I was clerking, a defendant was on trial for armed robbery. Guy was like 20 with a lengthy juvenile history and this was his third adult charge. During the lunch break, I go to lock the courtroom. On my way back to chambers, I see a bag of marijuana under the chair where the guy had been sitting. He brought a bag of WEED to his armed robbery trial. Needless to say, he was also convicted of that count on a separate date. The judge was less than pleased. It was crazy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This reminds me of a funny story. While I was clerking, a defendant was on trial for armed robbery. Guy was like 20 with a lengthy juvenile history and this was his third adult charge. During the lunch break, I go to lock the courtroom. On my way back to chambers, I see a bag of marijuana under the chair where the guy had been sitting. He brought a bag of WEED to his armed robbery trial. Needless to say, he was also convicted of that count on a separate date. The judge was less than pleased. It was crazy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thankfully I am neither that stupid nor do I have any criminal history.

I am in an absolutely ridiculous situation. A police officer recently mindfucked me.

I was pulling out of starbucks after a LONG day around midnight and started driving home. After about 100 feet lights were behind me. (I had barely accelerated so I wasn't sure what I did wrong.) It turns out I got pulled for having my lights off (I live in a bright area, I didn't notice) and there was some sort of weird glint in my back tail light, although it works fine. The next thing I know, he tells me to get in the front seat of his car and starts testing me for marijuana use. I passed all the verbal tests. I had not used anything in the past 48 hours so I wasn't worried, but he was absolutely certain I was a pothead. My eyes were (allegedly) bloodshot, puffy, and when I closed my eyes my eyelids were "fluttering". (I took a picture of my eyes while in a cell at the magistrate's office, they were clear and white.)

I was put under arrest, administered a blood test, and taken to the magistrate where he gave me a court date and I walked. I'm being charged with consumption and then driving while being under 21 years old.

The only controlled substance I had taken in the past week was prescribed adderall, but I'm still freaking out. I've never been arrested. What is the best way to handle this? I have a friend who suggested when the drug test comes back negative, I go to the D.A. and explain what happened and try to get the charges dropped.

If anyone with knowledge of how to handle this (or a lawyer) could give me some advice, I'd definitely appreciate it.

Ledford kids...always out to get us

Hope it all works out for you

Joe Floyd who is a Wake Law School grad deals with this type of situation all the time. I know you are not guilty, but he has great success at getting the guilty guys off so yours should be easy. His firm is in High Point.

https://plus.google.com/103392706422832208747/about?gl=us&hl=en

The test they took is only going to show substances that were in my body in their pure forms, not metabolites. (Blood isn't as great for that as other tests.) The test IS going to be negative. I don't do drugs, so I'm really not worried about that part. (@Taggers, Wake is a little bit more expensive than marijuana.)

What I'm saying is this is bullshit, I'm gonna get out of it somehow, but I want to know the quickest and most painfree way of doing so. Just because I'm being charged with consumption and then driving doesn't mean that I'm going to be guilty of it.

The PO said that the toxicology report should only take a week and thats because of mail. The court date is in mid March so I don't see the toxicology report taking longer than that.

THis happened in Guilford County, NC

Props for the Joe Floyd recommendation. Joe's a hilarious dude.

Also: How stoned is too stoned to drive?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/18/stoned-drivers-test-course-marijuana-dui_n_2711358.html

Three Sisters from the old board was too stoned to drive one day. We got pulled over on the way to Hardees. The cop asked him if he knew how fast he was going. He said he didn't think he was speeding. The cop said he was going 8 MPH, followed us into Hardees, suggested we eat our food there and walk back to campus.

Three Sisters from the old board was too stoned to drive one day. We got pulled over on the way to Hardees. The cop asked him if he knew how fast he was going. He said he didn't think he was speeding. The cop said he was going 8 MPH, followed us into Hardees, suggested we eat our food there and walk back to campus.

HARV! Long time no see! This story is lacking the bodily fluid exchange that we're used to hearing about, but funny none the less.

Here is some more advice. Careful with your teeths. Leroy ain't gonna be too happy if you bite down on his baby's arm. Oh, and be prepared to swallow.

you should get high and think about it for awhile. might give you a fresh perspective.

Back