• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Neil Fingleton dies

He was my coach at Carolina bball camp (I went against my will with a friend) when he was at UNC. Really awesome guy from what I can remember. Shitty news. RIP

Tallest person I've seen up close. Saw him at the Joel at the entrance during his official visit.

One of the funniest things I've ever seen was Fingleton squeezed into a booth at the Chili's on 15-501 during his freshman year at UNC.

I was glad to see he leveraged his height into some acting gigs. This is a shame especially if his death was related to his size.

Tallest person I've seen up close. Saw him at the Joel at the entrance during his official visit.

One of the funniest things I've ever seen was Fingleton squeezed into a booth at the Chili's on 15-501 during his freshman year at UNC.

I was glad to see he leveraged his height into some acting gigs. This is a shame especially if his death was related to his size.

There are no tall octogenarians.

Very sad. Also Judge Wapner died today (97) and Bill Paxton. Three acting greats. Almost as bad as last week when Ivan Koloff and George the Animal Steele passed

Man i remember him being a unc recruit and wake being in on him. Had no idea that was him in GOT.

I was in the Pit when he was getting the Wake recruiting tour. Unreal size..
Rip

He also played one of the giant wildlings in Game of Thrones.

I was floored when I started looking around the Web on this topic and saw that 17 years have passed since Wake recruited him. Unbelievable how time flies. I totally lost track of him after he committed to UNC and never knew he went to Holy Cross or had an acting career. RIP, big guy.

Sad to hear of his passing. That is way too young for someone to die.
RIP, Neil.

Back