• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Anthony Fields Highlight Tape

ctdeac13

Reaction score
Just saw this new Highlight tape of Anthony Fields that is done by ball is life. He definitely seems quick and with him and TC competing our PG situation next year should be a lot better.

Link

Kid has got quite a handle, which is nice to see and pretty good court vision. Also like that he is fearless taking it to the basket, so hopefully you combine his handle with that fearless nature and he will be a good player for us. It will certainly create some competition at the point to help make us better.

Needs to tighten up his shot a bit. Has a flying right elbow. Rhythm is good on the jumper though. He works on bringing that elbow in and he will be a decent college shooter. He puts in a lot of time + cleaning up the elbow and he could be above average. Creates space, but I am not sure he sees the floor great at this point. This is about the 3rd video I have seen on him, and never seen him live, but he is a legit talent. Have been glad we signed him from day 1. He brings something special to the table with his speed, and doesn't have a glaring weakness. His shooting is probably his biggest problem, and he isn't that far off from being a pretty good shooter.

Thanks for the insight, Wrangor.

Needs to tighten up his shot a bit. Has a flying right elbow. Rhythm is good on the jumper though. He works on bringing that elbow in and he will be a decent college shooter. He puts in a lot of time + cleaning up the elbow and he could be above average. Creates space, but I am not sure he sees the floor great at this point. This is about the 3rd video I have seen on him, and never seen him live, but he is a legit talent. Have been glad we signed him from day 1. He brings something special to the table with his speed, and doesn't have a glaring weakness. His shooting is probably his biggest problem, and he isn't that far off from being a pretty good shooter.

Yeah, thanks Wrangor.

Like Wrangor said, his shot is a little funky, but that can be fixed with some work. Hell Derrick Fisher could hit the ocean if he was standing on the pier when the Lakers drafted him. Shooting can be fixed if the kid works.

I have to guess that Field's speed is more impressive in real life. Some of the kids that are guarding him are pretty small (thinking probably around 5'10" or so) and he makes several of them look pretty silly with a simple hesitation move. I liked that his aggressiveness off the dribble was usually pretty simple. Killer crossovers are nice, but those can turn into a steal the other way pretty quick. Hesitation moves to either side are usually the mark of a great penetrator. But Fields is definitely going to need some work on what to do with the ball once he gets in the lane. I foresee a lot of jump passes until he gets with our coaching staff and they work that out of him.

By year 2-3 he is going to be a pretty solid ACC player.

The biggest thing for me is that he looks very confident with the ball. The best thing about this is that we will now have two PG's and we don't have to force CJ to play the point. That is how Fields will make the most impact this year. Also by having two PG's we should hopefully eliminate a bunch of our stupid turnovers, also since Ari is gone those should drop too. So long as Fields doesn't turn the ball over and can pass well then in my eyes he will be good for us next year since we don't need him to be a huge scorer.

The biggest thing for me is that he looks very confident with the ball. The best thing about this is that we will now have two PG's and we don't have to force CJ to play the point. That is how Fields will make the most impact this year. Also by having two PG's we should hopefully eliminate a bunch of our stupid turnovers, also since Ari is gone those should drop too. So long as Fields doesn't turn the ball over and can pass well then in my eyes he will be good for us next year since we don't need him to be a huge scorer.

JTT was making much better decisions with the ball towards the end of last season that resulted in fewer turnovers.

Hopefully next year it's exciting to watch each game knowing that we will likely be a bit better than we were in the previous one. That's what I was hoping last season was going to be like...

JTT was making much better decisions with the ball towards the end of last season that resulted in fewer turnovers.

Hopefully next year it's exciting to watch each game knowing that we will likely be a bit better than we were in the previous one. That's what I was hoping last season was going to be like...

This was very big. JTT really bought into the program and didn't get down on himself. that was huge.

If CJ doesn't play point are you guys expecting a lineup of Fields/TC, CJ, JTT, McKie, and Walker/Carson? I don't see how CJ & JT don't both see the court as they should log the most minutes on the team along w/ Travis next season. I don't mind a 3 guard lineup if it puts are best players on the court. What scares me is I think we still will see a lot of CJ at the point.

If CJ doesn't play point are you guys expecting a lineup of Fields/TC, CJ, JTT, McKie, and Walker/Carson? I don't see how CJ & JT don't both see the court as they should log the most minutes on the team along w/ Travis next season. I don't mind a 3 guard lineup if it puts are best players on the court. What scares me is I think we still will see a lot of CJ at the point.

Unless Carson, Melvin and Ty come up big, I can't see us playing three guards without being crushed on the boards.

I LOVE Travis, but we can't have three guards and Travis on the court togeher.

He seems to know how to finish at the basket. Our point guards had difficulty finishing last season. It is one thing to get to the basket, it is another thing to finish.

But the video could be deceiving, depending on the level of competition.

I think that CJ will obviously still play the point in certain situations but he won't be the starter. He would play point if we wanted a really good shooting lineup and we'd have him and JTT at guards if we still wanted to have the 2 Forwards and a center lineup. CJ played the point decently towards the end of the season but since he now won't be required to create his 100% of the time that should free him up to make more shots this year.

I will be very surprised if CJ doesn't start and see at least 20 mpg at point. CJ, JTT, Nikita, McKie, and Carson seems like the odds-on favorite to be our starting line-up, at least at the start of the year.

Back