• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New coaching search thread

I’ve completely convinced myself that Wes Miller would be a great hire. I can 100% get behind that hire if we don’t get Forbes. Miller has a lot of necessary intangibles.

Either way, it is slightly concerning we're having such trouble convincing UNCG's coach to come to Wake, assuming Matta and Forbes have turned us down already, which I hope is not the case.

Also, Fran Mc might be a little douchey but would be leaps and bounds a better choice than Amaker and he’s proven he can win at a high level. He’s no Matta, but we could do worse.

Either way, it is slightly concerning we're having such trouble convincing UNCG's coach to come to Wake, assuming Matta and Forbes have turned us down already, which I hope is not the case.

I don't think we're having trouble at all. We're just listening to donkaldross.

Wes was indifferent about coaching in the ACC and making like 5-6x his current salary v. coaching at UNCG for 300k?

Idk if it’s worse that people might believe that or it’s how Wes feels.

Your head believes very obvious misinformation. Do you really think Forbes or Miller would turn down an offer?

Just pay attention to Goodman, Les, and the flight trackers. Ignore everything else.

That's it. Done.

My source says that the AD's headed west from the Cumberland Gap to Johnson City, Tennessee.

Do most replacements get announced within 4 days of a firing? What's the rush? The long list of P6 openings?

Do most replacements get announced within 4 days of a firing? What's the rush? The long list of P6 openings?

When these things drag out it starts to smell bad. Once it's obvious you've begun, you have to finish it up. Also, we might not have any players on the roster by the end of next week.

Back