• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New coaching search thread

I get all that. But these guys are looking at the next 20 or 30 years. Our last three head coaches are not college head coaches anymore. I just don't get why everyone assumes a SOCON guy is just going to jump at the first offer.

Pretty sure there is not any former wake head b-ball coach still coaching.

HUH? Why else would he come to W-S during a pandemic?

One would assume he was here for an interview, but I do not have first hand knowledge to confirm that was the reason he was on campus yesterday.

All I can say with 100% certainty is Tommy Amaker was at Wake Forest yesterday.

99.9% certain the buyout was 7.5 mill

One would assume he was here for an interview, but I do not have first hand knowledge to confirm that was the reason he was on campus yesterday.

All I can say with 100% certainty is Tommy Amaker was at Wake Forest yesterday.

99.9% certain the buyout was 7.5 mill

Will the usual suspects apologize to RJ when RJ has been saying all along the buyout is roughly half of what was reported????

NAH !

Find an instance where what you are suggesting has happened.

That's retarded. There's no way to know discussions/offers/interests in coaching searches. I have no idea and neither do you. Just being in the ACC and making a couple of million dollars for three years isn't necessarily enough for someone in his thirties or forties. They are already making good money by any standards. If it is going to be their last/only P6 offer in their careers then of course. But they know it won't be.

I'm just conditioned to fear the worst after following the last 2 coaches' searches. Sure, there is no rush, but the sooner this happens, the better. The longer it goes, the more it seems like WF is getting turned down left and right.

It’s really day 49. What was Currie doing the previous 45 days prior to firing the loser? Should be ready to go.

Will the usual suspects apologize to RJ when RJ has been saying all along the buyout is roughly half of what was reported????

NAH !

The rumor is that the buyout was negotiated down from some number x to $7.5 million.

NAH !

thanks but SHHHHHHHH.....they are coming with excuses...and will never do that....

I get all that. But these guys are looking at the next 20 or 30 years. Our last three head coaches are not college head coaches anymore. I just don't get why everyone assumes a SOCON guy is just going to jump at the first offer.

There are no former Wake Forest basketball coaches who are still head coaches. Maybe that's why Matta turned us down.

Back