• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New coaching search thread

Recruits follow the herd instinct plus they know he will be here for their four years. He will get plenty of talent off the bat.

Didn't know most AAU coaches swing both ways... Talk about unsubstantiated.

Sure. 5 years ago. Life moves on in strange ways. Him deciding to sit on his ass and take a check for 3 years rather than work may be nothing but it may be something.

Yeah, like I said in an earlier post, I assume he doesn't want the job (or maybe any job given recent past).

Well he was physically recovering and making some huge scratch doing nothing. Maybe he needed to recharge his engines.

I don't know if he wants the job or not but it seems like the benefit of doing a dog and pony show for Ohio State is pretty much non-existent at this point since he will only have one payment due after Friday

Current betting odds:

Wes Miller +300
Pat Kelsey +450
Steve Forbes +500
Ryan Odom +800
Earl Grant +1000
Russell Turner +1200
Thad Matta +1500
Beilein +2000
Recency Bias.

And, I can't blame them. Fuck you, Wellman.

I think we would have had a much better chance. A guy JB's age doesn't throw away a year or two.

I know the naysayers will respond in a negative, but the rational will agree. A starting line-up of: Neath, Brown, Massoud, Mucisus and Sarr would be competitive and fit Beilien's style to a T. We could easily have been .500 or a little more. From what I've seen on tape, Watson is another guy who would have fit.

Fair enough. Put me in the camp that Wake is just not the place for Beilein at this point in his career, in general. But you are right we would have been much better next year with CB.

Well he was physically recovering and making some huge scratch doing nothing. Maybe he needed to recharge his engines.

This. Not sure why it's such a hard concept. Does anyone think tOSU regrets hiring Urban Meyer? This appears to be a similar scenario (without Meyer's baggage).

If he doesn't know who could be on his potential team, you must think he doesn't prepare for his last job.

You are a complete idiot. Even if he had a great class coming in next year they'd be gone in two years anyway. One year of having Chaundee and Sarr on the roster has nothing to do with whether Beilein is, or ever was, a candidate.

This. Not sure why it's such a hard concept. Does anyone think tOSU regrets hiring Urban Meyer? This appears to be a similar scenario (without Meyer's baggage).

For sure. Washed up Matta is 100x better than our last two coaches put together, and instantly the most accomplished Wake BB coach in history. It'll make a splash (in the small pond of people paying attention to Wake Forest) and we will be better whenever he leaves than we were before he came. It's a no brainer if he's at all interested.

For all the Matta concern, do people really want to argue that the chance for success is higher with Forbes than Matta?

How many coaches are turning this job down because they won't get the chance to coach Manning's best recruit in the past 4 years ?

For all the Matta concern, do people really want to argue that the chance for success is higher with Forbes than Matta?

Matta would be the hire that would scare the rest of the ACC the most. Enough said.

Either of the two would get me buying season tickets (whenever we have a season again). I think Forbes is going to win alot of games for a long time at whichever P6 school he eventually ends up at.

How many coaches are turning this job down because they won't get the chance to coach Manning's best recruit in the past 4 years ?

Yeah, sucks that Hoard declared a little more than a year ago, and wasted his remaining eligibility. Could've been a real contributor next season

For sure. Washed up Matta is 100x better than our last two coaches put together, and instantly the most accomplished Wake BB coach in history. It'll make a splash (in the small pond of people paying attention to Wake Forest) and we will be better whenever he leaves than we were before he came. It's a no brainer if he's at all interested.

Matta precedent is Bill Dooley, but Matta is younger and more successful.

Matta would be a grand slam hire, dude would crush it here.

Matta! Sign me up! Wonder if he could put his staff together after a few years away?

Back