• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New coaching search thread

Battle of the #sauces heats up

Right now, I think the consensus is that Forbes and Miller are the leading candidates, with an outside chance of Matta. As long as something doesn’t completely fuck up, we will have a good or very good coach by Friday night.

Mack never made the Final Four at Xavier. I would say Matta has I'm more impressive overall resume at this point

1. The guy in the picture's head looks really.
2. Even if just his head looks old but it is in fact Matta, why would he also dress like a dude in his 70's?
3. The below pic is Matta from fall 2018 when OSU lifted a banner in his name in its arena.

thad_matta.jpg

Fired him and gave him a banner? That’s some Dave Odom shit right there.

Interview from 2018 with one of Matta's former OSU players on his discussions with Matta. Sounds like Matta desperately needed some time off. Maybe he could come back with a healthier balance and perhaps is getting restless in retirement.

I think Matta would be the third best college basketball hire in the past decade. Bennett and Cal are the only two I think rank higher

If this has legs, something is surely to come out in Les’ update tonight.

Back