• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New coaching search thread

Don't be shocked if there is an announcement tomorrow. It might drag onto Friday

Looks like it's already deleted.
Still think Forbes is likely to be the guy we go with.

Nothing concrete in their back and forth really. They did say that if Forbes leaves for Wake then he will jump to Tennessee eventually, as it's a better job lmao

The board was pretty happy when Skip was hired. Only downer was Xavier fans that came on the board and said he would produce great regular seasons but choke in the tournament.

Yeah. We were all pretty damn happy with Skip. He was the anti-Odom in a lot of ways, which people wanted after we were Butlerized.

Nothing concrete in their back and forth really. They did say that if Forbes leaves for Wake then he will jump to Tennessee eventually, as it's a better job lmao
Ah.
As for the Tennessee job, I think there's a lot of Tennessee folks that are eyeing Forbes to take over for Barnes, definitely.
How likely it is, I dunno.
The chance of any candidate getting poached from us is about the same no matter who we pick, so why worry about it?

Some of us have to work.

This thread is moving at lightspeed. It's impossible to keep up in real time during the day.

Yeah, if you’re away from the board for 2 hours to do something constructive, you’re about 20 pages behind.

I am pretty encouraged that it seems (maybe? perhaps?) to be down to three dudes who win 25 games a year for fun.

Back