• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New coaching search thread

Just read an analysis of Matta's last 4 years at OSU. He was losing recruiting battles and ball games and was fired. Sounds like he was worn out or down, kinda like dear Jim Grobe. If that is true, that is not what we need, even if he thinks he wants to give it another shot. How long would take him to figure out the best recruits for WF and establish relationships leading to commitments?

A younger coach already has a list of recruits that will fit his style of play. Offering those recruits the opportunity to play in the ACC should garner a number of good recruits.

I am leaning toward younger and more enthusiastic and aggressive: Wes Miller.

I knew I had you on ignore for a reason. Are you fucking serious, though? You would prefer Miller over Matta at this point? Holy hell

Did anyone cover that there’s a poster on IC saying Wes accepted the job?

We didn't send him. He answered the call. Props.

I went to the airport too, and I know what Matta looks like. I did NOT see anyone that looked like Matta get off that plane. That said, they probably knew I was there with a television camera, and perhaps could have waited for me to leave to get out of the plane. I also had a fatal car accident literally right behind me while checking out the plane, that my bosses wanted video of for the news as well.

Not what ya'll want to hear, but its what I got.

I am pretty encouraged that it seems (maybe? perhaps?) to be down to three dudes who win 25 games a year for fun.

Exactly! Makes perfect sense to hire a proven winner. A winner is a winner. With the caveat of can they recruit the players we need?

My sources are saying don't be shocked if there is a presser scheduled for tomorrow! it might even drag until Friday.

(source: ogboards, like thirty posts ago)

Bu the way...We’re getting Chris Collins.

That "by the way..." post might go down as the worst in the history of the ogboards. most notorious, at least. I'm not sure I could even remember a dozen posts to compete with it.

Just saw it as well. Guy seemed confident.

If somebody that high up knew the hire, I don’t think they would be going to post it on the internet. There’s probably very few people who know this much.

Last edited:
If somebody that high up knew the hire, I don’t they would be going to post it on the internet. There’s probably very few people who know this much.

I keep thinking it could be a friend of a friend of Wes’s, but who knows. I have a lot of mutual friends with Wes and I’ve been driving them crazy and it’s radio silence.

Back