• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New coaching search thread

The past has determined the winners from the losers. And I’ll put my track record up against anyone on the planet. I’ve accurately named the appropriate Wake head coach for nearly 20 years. You know my selections well. John Pelphrey. Pat Kelsey. Steve Wojciechowski. Max Floyd. Wes Miller. Even myself.

In the past, Ron got in the way. He hid the keys and I never did find them.

John Currie is a winner and will not make the same mistake. Wes Miller is now too old. We missed our window. No, John Currie will choose either Anthony Bilas or Tyler Hansbrough.

Both meet my minimum criteria:
1. young
2. loyal
3. energetic
4. direct ties to Wake (or if I know their Mom)

Either will be here 30+ years and will consult with me regularly.

The future will determine the winners from the losers. When the hire is made this week, and we all sneak onto campus to roll the quad, come find me. I’ll be wearing shorts.

I did suggest Anthony Bilas to some buddies this season. Not joking. Lol.

The past has determined the winners from the losers. And I’ll put my track record up against anyone on the planet. I’ve accurately named the appropriate Wake head coach for nearly 20 years. You know my selections well. John Pelphrey. Pat Kelsey. Steve Wojciechowski. Max Floyd. Wes Miller. Even myself.

John Currie is a winner and will not make the same mistake. Wes Miller is now too old. We missed our window. No, John Currie will choose either Anthony Bilas or Tyler Hansbrough.

1. young
2. loyal
3. energetic

The future will determine the winners from the losers. When the hire is made this week, and we all sneak onto campus to roll the quad, come find me. I’ll be wearing shorts.

I miss your profile picture of the black and white sketch of yourself.

To be fair I was also offered the job and turned it down. Zoom interview. Facetime tour. Hatch told me directly I had take some weird AD intern as an assistant... plant?? I dunno. F that clown.

Sounds as legit as anything else I’ve read today.

1. young
2. loyal
3. energetic

Nothing more needs to be said.

All of this interest tracking planes but we haven’t built a gym for our basketball team in 80 years. WTH is wrong with us.

Built a great one in 1989 1 mile from campus. Closer than Dean Dome, PNC Arena & JPJ are for the Carolina, State & UVa students. LJVM is full when we are good!

What happened to Matta? How do you not roll with BabyDeac? Come on Thad

I just looked up ETSU assistant coaches just for the hell of it and to my surprise BJ McKie is on the staff- one of my all time favorite Gamecocks. No idea what kind of coach he is, but he was a great player.

Amaker was offered the job and turned Wake down. His wife didn’t want to leave Boston.

If true, That actually could reverse the curse. The hire everyone would have hated said no to be “stuck” with Matta or Forbes who are 1 & 2 on most of our lists.

Back