• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New coaching search thread

Man, all the elitist, pretentious bullshit was funny to scroll through this morning. Just confirms to me that Forbes is exactly what Wake needs.

I low key have wanted Forbes the whole time. Even over Matta. There is just something about him.

Appears the W-S native was recruited as a high school player. Thought he din't do that.....

Some people just want to judge how the players wear their socks, clap along to the other team's fight song, and stay losers. We just had a "Wake" guy as our coach and he sucked. Give me Forbes. Some of you all are so damn pretentious and it's why we suck.

gimme forbes all day dude grinds and recruits his tail off and isn’t an excuse maker it’s time

Does anyone have an issue with the potential first major hire of Currie’s tenure being the son of a major donor? It seems like something that could get messy and most schools would want to avoid.

I don’t give a damn who your daddy is. Just win, baby. Just win.

I think we end up with Forbes.

Good job, Brews from 5 days ago!

I'm pumped if it is indeed Forbes. The only thing that makes Wake special is that we are one of the few schools that has never met their championship potential because we handicap ourselves with dumb things like "has to know how a private school coach works" or "why have a hot dog and beer when there's wine and a cheese plate."

We've been DOGSHIT for a decade. The lost decade. I don't think I watched 5 minutes of hoops last year.

Let's win baby.

Sounds like Forbes might make some blue hairs uncomfortable which makes him a great hire. I hope he recruits right up to the line and wins games and people call us Thug U.

I don’t give a damn about blue hairs or the Wake Forest way. Just win.

Skip connected with the students. Forbes seems like someone who might better connect with the community. And, long term, that's what Wake athletics really, really needs.

I was told that the only person offered the position was the one who took it, Steve Forbes.

Not sure how I feel about the Buzz Williams comparisons. Yes, they're both charismatic, portly fellas.

Not sure how I feel about the Buzz Williams comparisons. Yes, they're both charismatic, portly fellas.

With bad hair.

I think he's a mix of Buzz (lack of hair + recruiting + resume) and Gregg Marshall (how the teams play).

Back