• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New coaching search thread

It's good to see Tim Duncan involved. IIRC, he really hasn't had much involvement with Wake since Odom was let go, right?

Thank god Wellman was not around to make this hire or we'd have ended up with Chris Collins.

Ironically, it may be the APR/Academics focus of the contract that allowed us to walk away with "only" paying $7.5M to Manning.

Now obviously a contract that would ever owe a coach like Manning $15M is horrible to begin with, but it's quite interesting if that's how it works out.

Gotta do academics at Wake.

So basically Currie gave the boards its whole wish list:

-Fired Manning
-Told him to fuck off with the buyout
-Conducted a fast/focused search with little drama
-Got notable basketball alumni involved
-Hired a proven winner with big time recruiting experience

THIS IS AN ATHLETIC DIRECTOR WHO WANTS TO WIN!!!! All of those that said he was Wellman 2.0, apologize, or go sit in the corner!

I like it. He's not a "Wake guy." He's not even a Winston-Salem guy. He's a like a Kernersville guy. He's going to get people to come out to Wake games who could give a shit about Wake. Put some entertaining quality basketball on the court and people will come.

This Is The Correct Response.

Great news!

Gotta wonder what Wellman thinks of all this. Watching Currie clean up his basketball mess so quickly and efficiently.

Something I shared with several people here for about 36 hours. But then again, I couldn't possibly have known this.

JUST FUCKING STOP! If you ruin a day of celebration with your petty bullshit then you should just be banned for life. Nobody cares except that its annoying as shit.

Gotta wonder what Wellman thinks of all this. Watching Currie clean up his basketball mess so quickly and efficiently.

Was just thinking about this. He's making excuses to whoever will listen. Or probably even better, taking credit for laying the foundation for Currie.

STEVE FOR
qrLEV.gif

JUST FUCKING STOP! If you ruin a day of celebration with your petty bullshit then you should just be banned for life. Nobody cares except that its annoying as shit.

I notice you didn't say a goddamned thing about all the baseless, personal and vindictive attacks on me.

My bad, even when I'm right, I'm wrong.

I was hoping for Beilein but I am quite ecstatic about Forbes. The thought of getting excited about Wake BB again gives me a woody. I know, not a pretty sight but I am stoked.

Good job John Currie!!! you are officially out of the dog house.

Back