• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Defensive Coach Derrick Jackson

I wonder what position Coach Mac will now handle as he had the dl's before. I really like these two hires although I do hate to lose Billings.

I've heard he will be coaching on the defense, not specifically the defensive line. Its possible he could be coaching one of the other positions.

Interesting. The rumored coach had been Darrell Paterson, who is also on the Rice staff.

Wonder if Mac coaches the NGs and the new guy coaches the DEs? Jackson is a DB by trade. Maybe he coaches DBs and Russ moves to LBs with Knorr.

It says he played at Duke back in the late 80's-early 90's and that he was coached by steve spurrier....?? I never knew he was a coach at Duke haha.

Any ways....he seems like a great hire!

Spurrier won the ACC title while at Duke IIRC. Pre-FSU membership.

LOL. I worked with Derrick at IBM 1994-95. Another Duke FB player, Stanley Monk, recruited DJ to IBM. He was in my same new hire class. How funny.

Wow. His resume really points to what a long, hard road it is to become a successful college coach.

Wow. His resume really points to what a long, hard road it is to become a successful college coach.

Yep. Glad we have another guy like this on the staff instead of just riding one coach for a career.

If you read through that Rice thread, they certainly seemed disappointed to see him go.

Back