• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New helmets!

am I the only one concerned our helmets are made in Vietnam? Cheap plastic for sure!

The golds transition to white is rough. Pretty much goes straight from gold to white. Looks airbrushed.

The gold and white are just lol bad. The black will be ok I guess. Don't see why we're fixing what's not broken.

This. Our current helmets are very sharp looking - I don't see any reason to mess with them.

Appealing to 18-22 kids...regardless of what we fans think that is why this is good....just dont go overboard with the logos.

No WF?!? WTF? The matte black would be fine if it had a gold matte WF on each side. And the gold would be fine with a black WF. Get rid of the white.

They haven't put WF on them yet. They wouldn't leave them plain.

Originally I thought that was a reflection on the gold one. The second pic shows otherwise. Weird. An all gold helmet would be cool for a game per season.

That's not a reflection...it's some sort of awful fade from gold to white.

am I the only one concerned our helmets are made in Vietnam? Cheap plastic for sure!

Yes, you're the only one. You do realize Wake has been a leader in researching football head injuries, right?

An all gold helmet with a black facemask and black WF would make a good alternate. White looks awful. The gold/white is atrocious. The matte black is a perfect "upgrade" to our currently awesome helmets.

They are nowhere near a finished product yet. I will wait until they are finished to make a judgement on them. I don't think a gold helmet with NO/Vandy type WF on it would be that bad. The black matte are going to be bad ass.

They are nowhere near a finished product yet. I will wait until they are finished to make a judgement on them. I don't think a gold helmet with NO/Vandy type WF on it would be that bad.

I don't need to see the WF on it to know white looks awful and that weird as hell white/gold fade looks awfuller. There's no gold helmet in those pictures to create the Vandy lookalike you're describing...

Wait. That helmet is white fading to gold? WTF that is hideous. The buzzdelik of helmets.

So that is it besides the WF logo on it. Kev only likes the white and black himself.

I don't get the gold/white fade....its mostly white with a little gold on the front/bottom...looks like someone just poured white over the tops of the gold....I don't see how that would look good....especially with a black WF...going to be tacky as hell

I agree surely someone could come up with better than that.

Been calling for the black matte for years. I'd love to get my hands on one. I'll lay off on the others for now.

Will we be getting alternate uniforms as well?

Back