• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New IPhone

DeacWatcher

Ricky Peral
Reaction score
Time to upgrade as I have been carrying same Iphone for 4 years. Is best choice just to go with latest and greatest #15? I don't need all the new fangled stuff but do want best chip and storage.

Also, been with Verizon since the beginning of company it feels like. Would it be better to go with somebody like Puretalk, Consumer Cellular, etc or just stay with VZ?

I will be getting 3 smartphones but 1 is just an 3rd gen SE for my Mom.

If you like Verizon, look into Visible. They use the Verizon network and it's way cheaper. We used them for a long time until we moved to an area where T mobile is better.

piggybacking since it’s relevant to my interests. currently rocking an iphone 12. for those who pay attention to these things, if i wanted to do so, what would be the most worthwhile upgrade?

a nice 14? newer 15? wait for 16? sit pat?

I’ve had my family on cricket for a while…they have my old work phones and it’s been easy to transfer them over to cricket…cheaper than others but fine service for them.

Seems cricket is mostly used by people with marginal credit ratings (?) but it works well enough.

I’ve been using consumer cellular for about 5 years and it’s been exactly as good as other carriers and way cheaper.

We've been doing the Verizon pay as you go, and it's been about $27/line (once you pay on time for 6 months), it's not unlimited data, but we haven't hit the ceiling except for one kid.

How does all the stuff like pics and files from the Verizon cloud and old phone go to a new phone from CC?
first of all don't store pictures and files in verizon's cloud. Store them locally on your phone.

Second of all when you set up a new iPhone they make it easy to transfer over all your files if you are using the same apple ID

i mean, it could be saved in the cloud, but it would still be apple's cloud and not verizon's, no?

I have no idea, I've never used verizon's cloud services so I don't know if it syncs to iCloud as well.

i think we're talking past each other a bit here

you said "save things locally to your phone" -- you could save things to iCloud, not to the phone itself, and be at no risk of a loss of items

but anyways, your larger point still stands: switching networks should have no impact on what you have saved, whether to the phone itself or to the cloud

right, as long as you are using iCloud. Verizon has its own cloud storage solution as well, I am not sure if this is what @DeacWatcher was talking about

If you are purposely putting your files and photos into that verizon cloud storage then my assumption would be you would not be able to access them if you switch providers. so you would need to pull them down to local storage or switch to iCloud

Ended up staying with VZ for convenience factor again. Got a 15 which is solid. Battery life is insane. Cost was not as big deal.

piggybacking since it’s relevant to my interests. currently rocking an iphone 12. for those who pay attention to these things, if i wanted to do so, what would be the most worthwhile upgrade?

a nice 14? newer 15? wait for 16? sit pat?
You will have more battery life for a year or so, and a better camera, otherwise the differences are marginal.

Back