• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Miami NCAA allegations

It's amazing how the Penn State situation has totally kept this scandal out of the spotlight.

It's Miami. Their entire program history is a scandal. When did that allegedly stop?

Yeah... But what do you think that Miami wants to do about the Penn State statue?

I may be biased, but I find it extraordinarily hard to believe that Golden was even close to involved in this. The allegations occurred a week after he got there - how is he supposed to clean house of everyone in just one week. I think and hope that Golden comes through this unscathed.

Coaching at a big time college football school must be a lot like getting into politics. Even those with the most noble ambitions probably get there and after a week realize that they're screwed and there's literally no other way than to do what everyone else is doing.

Bad facilities. Bad alumni support. Bad local fan support. Miami would be Rice if they didn't cheat financially and in the classroom.

Miami was basically Wake before the late 70s.

Bad facilities. Bad alumni support. Bad local fan support. Miami would be Rice if they didn't cheat financially and in the classroom.

I don't mean to nit-pick at all, but Miami does at least have a pretty amazing new football facility. You have a point with the stadium and other support, but there are definitely a lot of sexy advantages that Golden can relay at Miami.

Miami really lucked out with the Penn State scandal. Hardly anyone is paying attention to them.

I don't mean to nit-pick at all, but Miami does at least have a pretty amazing new football facility. You have a point with the stadium and other support, but there are definitely a lot of sexy advantages that Golden can relay at Miami.

Plus - Dade/Broward/Palm Beach counties may be the most fertile recruiting grounds in the entire country, and there is not another BCS school within 4 hours of that area.

Back