• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New MTOW: Manning says roster turmoil won't make Deacons alter course

Brendan207

Reaction score
New MTOW from Dan Collins. A few interesting quotes in there. Wellman refuses to admit there is a problem with transfers at Wake, points to stats again. Manning states the obvious, says he's more interested in building the long term success of the program. Cav says he is transferring since he doesn't believe the Deacs will make the dance during his time here. Good to see some real info on the situations. Would have liked more info on Adala and Mitchell leaving too.

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/colleges/basketball/manning-says-roster-turmoil-won-t-make-deacons-alter-course/article_b3521e22-5f7c-55fe-bb54-8d884a9c0687.html

Dan said Rondale is only 6'1. I thought I had seen that Rondale is 6'4. This would be the epitome of the Wake effect on height.

New MTOW from Dan Collins. A few interesting quotes in there. Wellman refuses to admit there is a problem with transfers at Wake, points to stats again. Manning states the obvious, says he's more interested in building the long term success of the program. Cav says he is transferring since he doesn't believe the Deacs will make the dance during his time here. Good to see some real info on the situations. Would have liked more info on Adala and Mitchell leaving too.

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/colleges/basketball/manning-says-roster-turmoil-won-t-make-deacons-alter-course/article_b3521e22-5f7c-55fe-bb54-8d884a9c0687.html

He's just now coming to this realization?

Lol at the idea of Rountree or McClinton playing the 4. That would be a disaster.

Lol at the idea of Rountree or McClinton playing the 4. That would be a disaster.

Actually, I would like to see Rountree at the 4. He has the height and instincts for shot blocking. Given that he can't really shoot, pulling out the other teams 4 away from the basket and seeing if Rountree can get by him off the dribble might be the best way to make him effective on the offensive end.

RW, please crawl back in your cave. You have no credibility with regards to Wake BB. Trotting out more talking points about the greater issue in college BB to try and detract attention from the sorry state you have lorded over the past 5 years is yet another futile attempt at saving face. Just go away please.

From day 1 with Manning it was apparent from his tweets that Rountree has been instructed to gain weight. I think he can spend some time at the 4, it's not like many teams pound it into the post these days. His activity level could at least cause some disruption.

Manning said he remains more concerned with the process of building a lasting foundation.
Wait a minue, I thought Bzz just spent 4 years doing this - why would DM need to build a foundation on top of a 4 year foundation?

From day 1 with Manning it was apparent from his tweets that Rountree has been instructed to gain weight. I think he can spend some time at the 4, it's not like many teams pound it into the post these days. His activity level could at least cause some disruption.

Not saying he is in the same stratosphere or half the player he was, but people do remember when we had Jamal Levy playing the 4 for us right? Guy was a twig but had rock solid hands and knew how to use his frame perfectly. Man do I miss those teams.

Manning said he remains more concerned with the process of building a lasting foundation.
Wait a minue, I thought Bzz just spent 4 years doing this - why would DM need to build a foundation on top of a 4 year foundation?

He's here because that foundation was not built.

house.png

Looks like this will be Wellman's new go to excuse ...

Manning’s boss, Athletics Director Ron Wellman, recently said that 42 percent of all players transfer from one school to another during their college careers. As chairman of the NCAA Basketball Committee, Wellman knows it’s an issue that affects many more schools than Wake Forest. “That is what is causing uncertainty in college basketball, and we need to address that as a college basketball community,” Wellman said last month in an interview with the Winston-Salem Journal.

This is a far different ACC from the one in 2005....when Skip's WF teams finished an amazing 4-year run of placing 3rd-1st-2nd-3rd in the conference. In the 9 years since 2005, WF has finished 7th or worse in the ACC seven times...under three different coaches...with only a 2nd (2009) & a 5th (2010) in the top half of the conference.

The exact rundown for those nine years is:

Skip: 12th & 10th
Dino: 7th, 2nd & 5th
Buzz: 12th, 12th, 9th & 13th

And now the ACC has added perennial powers Syracuse & Louisville to go along with Duke & UNC. Lots of ACC teams are going to be playing for 5th in a lot of years to come. That's not to say that one of the other teams can't occasionally get into the top 4.....but this isn't your daddy's ACC anymore. Hell, it isn't even Skip's ACC anymore.

This is all very true, but also keep in mind that coming in 5th in the new ACC would be a much better result than in previous years. In the new conference, the #5 team could easily be at top 20 team...

Back