• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Music Site - A Bit of Help

twincitiesdeac

Reaction score
I have talked about a few start ups in the past. Anyhow, I am involved with another start up. It is www.itmusic.us. We are a music driven social media site.

We need a bit of help. We just pushed a new design to the site & have started to advertise etc. We need a bit of help with two things. First, we need a bit more banging on the site to see if you can break it (feel free to PM me bugs or just post them here).

Second, and perhaps more importantly we need a bit of help listening to the music "curating" it if you will. Voting for the songs you like and down voting the ones you arent as fond of. There are about 4,500 tracks on the site right now. Some of it is pretty decent, some of it sucks. I would bet that all of it is stuff you havent heard of.

I would appreciate as much help going to the site listening to music, commenting, and creating playlists - which help others in their music discovery. If you are a musician, feel free to upload your music to the site. It is 100% free and we dont charge you anything to sell tracks (dont even take a %).

Obviously feel free to provide feedback as well. Our Dev resources are pretty limited right now so changes to the site do take a bit of time, but all comments will be logged and put into our queue.

I appreciate any and all help with this. Tomorrow I will post a few of my favorite artists on the site once you guys have had a chance to check it out on your own.

Thanks!

I would bet that all of it is stuff you havent heard of.

So+he+did+it+just+to+be+different+_d541c0c6486ca192411e5042243dfee9.jpg

well first of all none of these yellow buttons say anything until I scroll my cursor over them.

Obviously feel free to provide feedback as well. Our Dev resources are pretty limited right now so changes to the site do take a bit of time, but all comments will be logged and put into our queue.

You've got some nice taglines & some strong branding, but you're trying to get too much information across on your landing page.

I'd scale back to a home page w/ 1/10th of what you currently have and have simple links pointing your artists, distributors, and listeners to their own sub-pages. That would be the best way of disseminating the information in a way that would make it far less intimidating and much easier for your users (on all ends) to understand.

well first of all none of these yellow buttons say anything until I scroll my cursor over them.

This scares the shit out of me. It has happened to me as well but it is sporadic and I cant always replicate it (which is why it is difficult to trouble shoot). What browser were you in?

This scares the shit out of me. It has happened to me as well but it is sporadic and I cant always replicate it (which is why it is difficult to trouble shoot). What browser were you in?
First time, I had the same issue. Second time they loaded fine. Using Chrome.

If anyone else runs into this same load error, just refresh the page. It should work properly & not effect the rest of the site. You can still go through everything else.

Oh and FYI we know our store pages suck ass (if you try and buy a track). We havent finished the redesign there yet (but also intentionally make it difficult to get to the page).

Refreshed twice, looks the exact same. I'll be the first to admit IE8 sucks, I hate that we're forced to use it at work, but in any event this is what your IE8 user might see.

For what it's worth, we're on Flash 10.3.181.14

Page didn't finish loading on my Chrome, either.

Same version as BaseballBoomhauer.

I would agree with vt about the information on the main page. It's a little overwhelming. I'd probably just have the first Distribute/Discover/Connect graphic above the jump as your front page, and then just let the rest of that stuff come on the "More Info" pages for a given section.

It loaded fine for me, yellow buttons with words and all, the first time (Firefox 27.0.1).

I agree that you should only have the Distribute/Discover/Connect at the top, removing them from the bottom section. It looks duplicative even though there's 'more info'. Maybe just have Distribute/Discover/Connect at the top, then at the bottom have the "top tracks this week". That would be pretty simple and clean.

Looks like a good start.

OK,

We should have the load issue fixed. Let me know if anyone has this problem again.....

Interesting concept with HD streams. What's your target audience here? Musicians? Fans? Both?

Back