• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Music Site - A Bit of Help

ok nvm...I see this now...

For musicians we provide:

A platform to collaborate with other artists
The ability to interact with your fans
A platform to not only stream your music but also imbed it on your website, blog, or anywhere else you choose
A fair & full service platform to sell your music
A chance to promote your music based purely on merit, not on how much money you have

For listeners we provide:

A platform to interact with your favorite artists
The ability to find new, amazing music
A safe & secure way to purchase music - where 100% of proceeds go to the artists

ItMusic never takes ownership, copywrites or anything else from the artist. We believe in an honorable platform that helps great music to be heard.

Core Value

Always do what’s right.

Mission

ItMusic is a digital ecosystem committed to:

Providing independent artists with direct access to the marketplace, giving listeners a larger voice in getting what they want and doing so in an honorable manner.

Interesting concept with HD streams. What's your target audience here? Musicians? Fans? Both?

We need to attract both groups. We want to provide a platform that connects artists directly with their fan base without taking advantage of the musicians financially (hence allowing them to sell their music for free, we even cover their transaction costs). Hopefully young artists can help promote themselves through the site and connect with fans. For the fans it provides a direct link to the artist, plus 95% of the artists allow you to download their music away for free (or you can just stream it on-demand for free). For both groups, the ability to upload & play Lossless ("HD") audio is a cool feature for music junkies.

So far, I am pretty confident in our ability to add young artists - we have added about 300 in the last month of them probably 10-20% are decent (which I actually think is an ok %). I am not as confident in our ability to truly engage listeners in the "social" side of the site. We need listeners to start voting, creating playlists, etc. If that doesnt happen then new music discovery will be too difficult for a typical music listener. We need super users to come in and sort through all the crap and bring the good stuff forward & then engage with other users. Obviously not a small challenge.

Site-wise we are probably 80% of the way there with our full browser version. It works ok on mobile but not great. All this being said we are now far enough along that it is time to prove the concept. SO, we are doing a big user push and tracking stats to see if it has that glimmer that will make it worth putting more $ and time into. I think it has a chance, but like any start-up you never know.

Happy to listen to any thoughts anyone has on any of this. The more help we get the better.

Have you looked into creating any kind of interactivity with pre-existing social media sites like Facebook? It seems a tall order for folks to juggle their different social media accounts. I know ReverbNation had a way to do that, though I have to jump through hoops to figure out how to find that part of my profile anymore.

We have a bit of FB worked into our site. We definitely arent trying to take them on (we just want to be music). I am sure we could do more with it though. You can always do more. ReverbNation on the other hand we do want to take on to some extent. I think they have a cool platform, it can be a bit expensive for a new music group, but we would love to have the userbase they do.

Back