• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Volleyball Coach

Maybe he can get some SoCal players to come east.

Wow. That's encouraging. We have sucked at Volleyball as long as I can remember so let's see if we can change that.

This is out of complete ignorance but are the men's and women's games the same?

Former two time national coach of the year at USC.

http://m.wakeforestsports.com/m/sports/w-volley/spec-rel/060416aaa.html

Looks like he was let go last year but he's definitely got better credentials than any other volleyball coach I can remember at wake.

Let's hope he's not an overbearing and abusive a-hole like the last guy.

Better credentials than any other coach period. Have we ever hired a head coach with 3 Final Four and 2 National Championship game appearances?

So what's the story of why he hasn't gotten a better job? He was fired for missing the tournament his last 3 years but you'd think as a 3 time Final Four men's coach he'd do better than the women's job at Wake.

Last edited:
Better credentials than any other coach period. Have we ever hired a head coach with 3 Final Four and 2 National Championship game appearances?

So what's the story of why he hasn't gotten a better job? He was fired for missing the tournament his last 3 years but you'd think as a 3 time Final Four men's coach he'd do better than the women's job at Wake.

Seriously, on paper, he's the best hire I can think of. Since he was calling some ACC matches, wonder if he and his wife just liked NC and figured why the hell not. There are worse places to live, that's for sure.

Seriously, on paper, he's the best hire I can think of. Since he was calling some ACC matches, wonder if he and his wife just liked NC and figured why the hell not. There are worse places to live, that's for sure.

And, like, the very best job security. I'm sure Wake is known widely for that.

This is out of complete ignorance but are the men's and women's games the same?

I believe it's relatively the same but I think the net is higher in men's. His resume is super impressive, but you also have to keep in mind that there are like less than 30 D-1 schools that have men's volleyball so making the Final Four is a lot different than in most sports

At the least, he should have a very good recruiting pipeline, if he can get players to come east.
SCal is the center of the universe for volleyball

I believe it's relatively the same but I think the net is higher in men's. His resume is super impressive, but you also have to keep in mind that there are like less than 30 D-1 schools that have men's volleyball so making the Final Four is a lot different than in most sports

Women play on a court with a 7 foot 4 inch net. Men play on a court with an eight foot high net. Coed is usually played with the men's net height. That difference is a lot for some women players to adjust to when playing coed.

Back