• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Newest iPod Touch

BeachBumDeac

Cheap Date
Reaction score
Does anyone here own one of these? I'm thinking about picking one up primarily as a portable music player and point and shoot camera (since the battery on my smartphone sucks).

How do you like it?

Last edited:
There are times I look at the tags and wonder if someone gets a notification whenever BBD starts a thread.

I had one of the newest iPod Touches, and it was fine for the uses you mention, but the battery isn't much more amazing than a smartphone. I'd also avoid getting into bed with iTunes if you aren't already, you get locked into their ecosystem. As a point-and-shoot camera, it's passable, but you can probably get a dedicated mp3 player and canon elph for less money than the iPod.

Three hundo for the new one seems like a lot... Would obviously defeat your purpose as a camera but I think at that point you spend $30 more for the ipad mini

buy a new battery for your phone. I guarantee it's cheaper than 300 dollars.

buy a new battery for your phone. I guarantee it's cheaper than 300 dollars.

Yup. That's one thing I much prefer about Android hardware. 15 months after purchase when my Samsung's battery life started to suck, I spent $30 on Ebay and got two new batteries with a wall charger for the one not in the phone. With a spare in my pocket, I'm good to go for a long time. Meanwhile, my wife is stuck plugging her iPhone in every chance she gets during the day now that her battery is losing charge capacity.

I actually do have an extra battery charger and 2 spare batteries. It's still annoying to keep them charged and carry them around though.

I definitely wouldn't buy it for the whole 300. But my thought process was that 225-250 isn't a bad price for an Internet enabled camera that I can put apps and play games on.

That is, if I can handle pictures that are ~80% the quality of a good point and shoot camera

Last edited:
I actually do have an extra battery charger and 2 spare batteries. It's still annoying to keep them charged and carry them around though.

I definitely wouldn't buy it for the whole 300. But my thought process was that 225-250 isn't a bad price for an Internet enabled camera that I can put apps and play games on.

That is, if I can handle pictures that are ~80% the quality of a good point and shoot camera

I don't know what's going on with your phone that you need to carry around 2 batteries.

Don't need two, just have them. Usually just have one extra on me unless I'm traveling

I know you are aware of Swappa. If you still have a Nexus, you can trade up to a S3 for a net of $140. Wouldn't that solve your problem?

Last edited:
Back