• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Newt Beats Down the Room (Official SC Debate Thread)

I still think King and Newt are in on it together. The Republican primary lasting another month is ratings gold for CNN and the other 24 hour news services.

I still think King and Newt are in on it together. The Republican primary lasting another month is ratings gold for CNN and the other 24 hour news services.

Said this on page 2 of this thread. King is too savvy to not know that his question would be pounced upon by Newt. It's so obvious to Newt that he would be the best President and the rest of us are morans for not understanding this. I will enjoy watching his demise, hope he wins tomorrow!

I think you are right. The people foaming at the mouth about the MSM are playing right into their hands. Gingrich winning tomorrow (which I hope happens) would be a disaster for the Republican Party's already faint hopes of beating Obama in November.....but these people are falling right into the trap.

Let Romney & Gingrich bloody each other for as long as possible.

Let me get this straight. You're saying ABC ran the interview with the ex-wife with the idea that it would give Gingrich a little boost in the SC primary?

Gingrich has tapped into a deep frustration that many Americans have with the mainstream media. He seems to be converting this frustration into votes. Remarkable turn of events last night.

Really? He just tapped into it? Remarkable?

Seriously, fellas, this is the same old shit they've been saying for years. Most remarkable thing is that anyone is blown away by it. Second most remarkable thing is this immoral sleazebag trying to take the high road, daring to call a question despicable after the things he's done, and having the suckers buy it.

No, I didn't say that. I don't know what ABC or CNN or John King's motives were. What I am saying is that the bottom line....particularly regarding the debate question....benefitted Gingrich (and hurt the Republican Party)....because Gingrich knew he could get a sympathetic knee-jerk reaction by spinning it as another example of that evil "left wing media" which the rightwingers like to use as a straw man whipping boy to sir up their thick-headed followers into a frenzy. I'm also saying that, from a ratings point of view, prolonging the process financially benfits the news networks.

So, if ABC or CNN is truly partial toward Obama and the Democrats, it was a win-win situation for them to do what they did. They hurt the Republicans and make more money at the same time.

Kind of like Dubya & 9/11. He may or may not have been able to prevent it.....but he sure as hell benefitted from it!
I was trying to figure out what you meant by saying "these people are falling right into the trap".

Of course this question was going to come up in the debate; I'm sure John King and CNN knew Gingrich would have a solid answer. however, I do not think King was ready for the amptitude of the response. He looked stunned. I suspect the Gingrich detractors felt much the same. This might work out in favor of Obama's reelection, but those who think Obama will mop the stage with Gingrich in a debate might not enjoy that part of the campaign.

I voted for Barack and still give him tepid support. But I have grown weary of his speeches. I hardly stop and listen anymore. I read the Times and the Journal to hear what he has to say and view differing takes...but the thrill is gone. You can come at it from the different ends of the liberal spectrum...from the staid Erskine Bowles to the outspoken Matt Damon...lots of disappointment out there.

This is me exactly although the obstructionalism by the senate pubs has been ridiculous. However I can't see myself not voting for Obama this time around as well compared to this cheap lot of candidates on the (R) side. At one time I thought maybe on Romney but he now looks unpolished and again will say/do anything to be POTUS. Plus the whole rich entitlement bullshit has gotten old.

I was trying to figure out what you meant by saying "these people are falling right into the trap".

Of course this question was going to come up in the debate; I'm sure John King and CNN knew Gingrich would have a solid answer. however, I do not think King was ready for the amptitude of the response. He looked stunned. I suspect the Gingrich detractors felt much the same. This might work out in favor of Obama's reelection, but those who think Obama will mop the stage with Gingrich in a debate might not enjoy that part of the campaign.

I don't know how anyone was stunned. I told my wife before the debate to watch, they are going to ask Newt about his wife first thing so he can go off and get the crowd riled up. It's really not that hard to figure it out. And any stunned look you think you got from King was just good TV acting, my friend.

I wish Santorum and Paul would just go away after South Carolina. Neither has a chance and they're just taking away support from Gingrich and helping Romney. I'd love to see Newt and Obama go at it.

Let me get this straight. You're saying ABC ran the interview with the ex-wife with the idea that it would give Gingrich a little boost in the SC primary?

ABC was scheduled to run the interview after the SC primary to avoid it having any impact on the results. Someone down the chain of command leaked some of it to Drudge.

At that point, they had to show it or lose the value of the interview.

It wasn't their plan to have it on the air yet.

I wish Santorum and Paul would just go away after South Carolina. Neither has a chance and they're just taking away support from Gingrich and helping Romney. I'd love to see Newt and Obama go at it.

do you watch videos of trainwrecks?

Gingrich has tapped into a deep frustration that rightwingers have when the media reports anything about a rightwinger.

If this had been some expose with Obama's ex-wife saying the same thing, they would be all over this like stink on poop.

Faux News exists to slam anything Obama does and have attacked him personally on hundreds of occasions. For RWers to complain about the media makes te little Boy Who Cried Wolf sound like Ronnie Lott when had had part of his finger cut off and went back into the game.

Faux News exists to slam anything Obama does and have attacked him personally on hundreds of occasions. For RWers to complain about the media makes te little Boy Who Cried Wolf sound like Ronnie Lott when had had part of his finger cut off and went back into the game.

Brevity is the soul of wit

Trying too hard: Exhibit A

Fox News is a direct result of decades of media imbalance. The left-leaning media ignored a large portion of the country's population and now Rupert Murdoch is rolling in money because he was smart enough to cash in on it.

Speaking of Fox News - one of their contributors came out with this insightful opinion piece about Newt's three marriages. I swear the Onion wrote this as satire and sold it to Fox. My favorite nugget:

"I want to be coldly analytical, not moralize, here. I want to tell you what Mr. Gingrich’s behavior could mean for the country, not for the future of his current marriage. So, here’s what one interested in making America stronger can reasonably conclude—psychologically—from Mr. Gingrich’s behavior during his three marriages:

1) Three women have met Mr. Gingrich and been so moved by his emotional energy and intellect that they decided they wanted to spend the rest of their lives with him.

2) Two of these women felt this way even though Mr. Gingrich was already married.

3 ) One of them felt this way even though Mr. Gingrich was already married for the second time, was not exactly her equal in the looks department and had a wife (Marianne) who wanted to make his life without her as painful as possible.

Conclusion: When three women want to sign on for life with a man who is now running for president, I worry more about whether we’ll be clamoring for a third Gingrich term, not whether we’ll want to let him go after one."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012...trong-president-really/#comment#ixzz1k7zGzMa2

Speaking of Fox News - one of their contributors came out with this insightful opinion piece about Newt's three marriages. I swear the Onion wrote this as satire and sold it to Fox. My favorite nugget:

"I want to be coldly analytical, not moralize, here. I want to tell you what Mr. Gingrich’s behavior could mean for the country, not for the future of his current marriage. So, here’s what one interested in making America stronger can reasonably conclude—psychologically—from Mr. Gingrich’s behavior during his three marriages:

1) Three women have met Mr. Gingrich and been so moved by his emotional energy and intellect that they decided they wanted to spend the rest of their lives with him.

2) Two of these women felt this way even though Mr. Gingrich was already married.

3 ) One of them felt this way even though Mr. Gingrich was already married for the second time, was not exactly her equal in the looks department and had a wife (Marianne) who wanted to make his life without her as painful as possible.

Conclusion: When three women want to sign on for life with a man who is now running for president, I worry more about whether we’ll be clamoring for a third Gingrich term, not whether we’ll want to let him go after one."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012...trong-president-really/#comment#ixzz1k7zGzMa2

Facepalm:circlejerk::noidea::couch::tard:

I have met that same Newt. Granted, he was probably not sexually turned on by me (who knows?) but I came away thinking I had just met one of the biggest assholes to walk the planet.

Back