• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Newt is outraged....again

I don't mind the apology, thought it was appropriate but I'd appreciate an apology from the Afghan Army for the deaths of our 2 guys.

Don't hold your breath.

"To be clear, prior to 1973, there was a requirement that all American men sign up for the armed services upon reaching age 18. Those who avoided service in those days were called "draft-dodgers"."

Did not know that. Interesting.

And if the Bush girls had joined the military, you would have supported the Iraq war.

Off-topic: One of the first books I ever read about the Vietnam war was "Chickenhawk" back in the mid-80s. Been a long time since I read it, but I recall being fascinated by the author's narrative of his experiences in the Vietnam War. Good read.

On-topic: I still don't get the stupidity of certain decisions - like who thought it was a good idea to burn the Korans on a military base, in Afghanistan, apparently with witnesses who would spread the word? Is it that hard to put these on a plane back to the US or NATO ally, milk whatever intel was in there, or even if it was just extremist inscriptions, dispose of them discreetly?

The article just points out that there are so many hypocritical Republican Chickenhawks. It's a long, long, long list.

And the bastards should all burn in hell for what they've done to this country.

You're awfully quick to burn people in hell having never been God. Or even a preacher.

Guess you're just a plain old ordinary douche.

Back