• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next BOT meeting

Strattocaster

Reaction score
I believe the BOT met this weekend.

Any idea if they are here all week and/or the next time they will meet?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

I believe the BOT met this weekend.

Any idea if they are here all week and/or the next time they will meet?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

They care about the capital campaign and Wake beat Maryland. Any questions?

You can buy one of those little quad-copter drones for a few hundred bucks. Attach banner. Hover outside Reynolda. #BoycottFlow

So, I guess we're no longer incensed? I suppose beating two fellow-basement dwellers has that effect on our fanbase...

Color me impressed with the progress of our team once we compete next week.

I've liked what I've seen the past couple of weeks, but Maryland and State suck.

Maryland's resume includes wins at FIU, ODU, 0-6 UConn, 3-4 WVU, and 2-5 UVA, and a 63-0 shutout at the hands of F$U. 1-2 ACC record.

State's three wins are Richmond (2-5), Central Michigan (3-5), and Louisiana Tech. Their three losses? Wake, Syracuse and Clemson. 0-3 ACC record.

I'm glad that we're playing like we practice once in awhile. I'm glad that our coaching staff is finally calling plays that allow our vets to play to their strengths. I'm especially happy for Tanner in that regard.

I'll be impressed once we sustain this type of effort in the weeks ahead.

[video=vimeo;33677884]http://vimeo.com/33677884[/video]

So, I guess we're no longer incensed? I suppose beating two fellow-basement dwellers has that effect on our fanbase...

Color me impressed with the progress of our team once we compete next week.

I've liked what I've seen the past couple of weeks, but Maryland and State suck.

Maryland's resume includes wins at FIU, ODU, 0-6 UConn, 3-4 WVU, and 2-5 UVA, and a 63-0 shutout at the hands of F$U. 1-2 ACC record.

State's three wins are Richmond (2-5), Central Michigan (3-5), and Louisiana Tech. Their three losses? Wake, Syracuse and Clemson. 0-3 ACC record.

I'm glad that we're playing like we practice once in awhile. I'm glad that our coaching staff is finally calling plays that allow our vets to play to their strengths. I'm especially happy for Tanner in that regard.

I'll be impressed once we sustain this type of effort in the weeks ahead.

We've played and coached well the last two games. I don't see the reason to present stats to make it seem like we shouldn't be happy about this

In other words, we shouldn't put wins in context.

There are 4 good teams in the ACC. You can make any of the others look bad pretty easily. Most people had Maryland at 5 or 6 in conference prior to the weekend.

There are 4 good teams in the ACC. You can make any of the others look bad pretty easily. Most people had Maryland at 5 or 6 in conference prior to the weekend.

For sure, but the past two weekends, at least IMO, don't prove that our personnel issues - not only in staff, but also in players - are behind us...

I'm intrigued to see if we can remain competitive in a remaining schedule that features two of college football's top teams, a bottom dweller (Cuse), and two wildcards (Vandy and Duke).

I'm assuming that folks like Manhasset are expecting us to beat Cuse and Duke? If we lose those games are we back to GroboOut/WellmanOut?

What do y'all think about Vandy? Is that a win or pink-slip game? Are we good enough to beat a solid, though characteristically similar, SEC team?

Do we have to be somewhat competitive against Miami and F$U to stay on track with expectations? What happens if we lay another Clemson-sized egg? Progress or no?

That's my point. I'm excited about these past two wins. I had a lot of fun watching both of these games, which is a kind of new thing for me after the past couple of years. Pockets of solid play against average teams doesn't mean that we're out of the woods, though. And it seems like a lot of folks have changed their tune in that direction. I'm probably wrong, but that's been my impression.

Obviously need to beat Duke and Cuse. Would like to see us hang around and make it respectable this weekend. I expect to get embarrassed by FSU and won't be down about that.

While Vandy hasn't been great this year, they are much better than Duke. Hopefully we have 6 by then. After the awful start, getting there would be nice. Mostly for Camp and Nikita, two of the all time greats for us.

For sure, but the past two weekends, at least IMO, don't prove that our personnel issues - not only in staff, but also in players - are behind us...

I'm intrigued to see if we can remain competitive in a remaining schedule that features two of college football's top teams, a bottom dweller (Cuse), and two wildcards (Vandy and Duke).

I'm assuming that folks like Manhasset are expecting us to beat Cuse and Duke? If we lose those games are we back to GroboOut/WellmanOut?

What do y'all think about Vandy? Is that a win or pink-slip game? Are we good enough to beat a solid, though characteristically similar, SEC team?

Do we have to be somewhat competitive against Miami and F$U to stay on track with expectations? What happens if we lay another Clemson-sized egg? Progress or no?

That's my point. I'm excited about these past two wins. I had a lot of fun watching both of these games, which is a kind of new thing for me after the past couple of years. Pockets of solid play against average teams doesn't mean that we're out of the woods, though. And it seems like a lot of folks have changed their tune in that direction. I'm probably wrong, but that's been my impression.

I'm not under the false impression that we're a great team. But I'm also not getting behind the idea that we're a bad team that just beat even worse teams. The truth is somewhere in the middle. We're a middle of the road ACC team that started off slowly and will probably end with 5-6 wins. To answer Strickland's question, I do think we should beat Duke and Syracuse, and I don't think that makes me some irrational optimist.

Strickland, if you are just saying let's wait and see before ultimately judging how good this team is, then I'm with you and I misinterpreted your post. But if your intention was to just rationalize a continued #WellmanOut / #GrobeOut agenda that many on this Board have regardless of what happens on the field, then I stick by my OP

Strickland, if you are just saying let's wait and see before ultimately judging how good this team is, then I'm with you and I misinterpreted your post. But if your intention was to just rationalize a continued #WellmanOut / #GrobeOut agenda that many on this Board have regardless of what happens on the field, then I stick by my OP

That is what I'm saying. But I really don't see how waiting-and-seeing is at odds negates, dulls, or even challenges a #WellmanOut and #GroboOut perspective. Not yet, at least.

I'm nowhere near a member of the sunshine brigade, but I enjoy winning. I just hate losing, especially the way in which we've been losing in basketball and football. There's just no excuse for it.

Until our revenue sports start performing better and coaching staffs are held accountable for results on the field, then #WellmanOut.

Until 1) our football team brings 100% effort against Goliaths/good teams and wins games that we should win, 2) our head coach holds his own staff accountable performances on the field, and 3) we start seeing ACC-caliber recruiting and player development, then #GrobeOut.

(I left out LoboOut only because I don't think that LoboOut is a particularly controversial position.)

We've played and coached well the last two games. I don't see the reason to present stats to make it seem like we shouldn't be happy about this

I'm not under the false impression that we're a great team. But I'm also not getting behind the idea that we're a bad team that just beat even worse teams. The truth is somewhere in the middle. We're a middle of the road ACC team that started off slowly and will probably end with 5-6 wins. To answer Strickland's question, I do think we should beat Duke and Syracuse, and I don't think that makes me some irrational optimist.

So how many games do you think we should play well, and more importantly be coached well per season? Is two a good number for you?

Someone needs to post the BC game so Manhasset can go back and listen to the commentators make fun of our coaches for three hours straight. And if you want you can go ahead and watch the game and see how pitifully coached we were. It is not good enough to say we are middle of the road and won two straight so get over it. Our coaches basically railroaded our season before the first game.

There will always be ~5 ACC teams on our schedule each year that we can beat. Sometimes we go 1-4 against them, sometimes we go 4-1 against them. No one will be an "easy win" for Wake Forest and wins against teams who have down years don't count less because those teams are down. This year it's BC, State, MD, Cuse, Duke. We're 2-1 so far against them. The ULM loss hurt a lot, and it's a gimme game we need to schedule each year and not lose, but we're back to that 5-6 win team we always were. We may have a few breakthrough years and we may have some 3-win seasons, but we're about what we are.

Basketball, on the other hand, is a whole 'nother story.

The problem is while we're all glad we've played much better and won the past 2 games against conference and division rivals, it doesn't excuse the fact that this coaching staff made a horrible mistake by trying all spring and preseason to install an offense that didn't fit our personnel and the players didn't even believe in. Even if you don't feel as I do that it cost us 2 wins, it is a near unforgivable coaching mistake. Grobe talks all the time about as coaches, they want to put the players in the best position to win, the pre- NC State game offense did the opposite and it shouldn't have taken 5 games into the season to realize that. There only reason we're not sitting at 6-1 or at worst 5-2 is because of that mistake.

So how many games do you think we should play well, and more importantly be coached well per season? Is two a good number for you?

Someone needs to post the BC game so Manhasset can go back and listen to the commentators make fun of our coaches for three hours straight. And if you want you can go ahead and watch the game and see how pitifully coached we were. It is not good enough to say we are middle of the road and won two straight so get over it. Our coaches basically railroaded our season before the first game.

I think we should win at least 6 games every season to be Bowl eligible. I'm not going to advocate for the firing of coaches if we meet that threshold.

I've watched or attended every game so I know just as well as you about how we've coached and played in individual games. Both the BC and ULM games were embarassing. No argument here, and our Coaches should take their share of blame for both. But conversely, they should be given their equivalent share of praise for the last two games where they did a good job.

There will always be ~5 ACC teams on our schedule each year that we can beat. Sometimes we go 1-4 against them, sometimes we go 4-1 against them. No one will be an "easy win" for Wake Forest and wins against teams who have down years don't count less because those teams are down. This year it's BC, State, MD, Cuse, Duke. We're 2-1 so far against them. The ULM loss hurt a lot, and it's a gimme game we need to schedule each year and not lose, but we're back to that 5-6 win team we always were. We may have a few breakthrough years and we may have some 3-win seasons, but we're about what we are.

Basketball, on the other hand, is a whole 'nother story.

This, with emphasis on the last sentence.

Back