• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next Wake Forest Basketball Coach...

I think Kelsey is stuck where he is for another year, as a result of his ill-fated venture with UMass.
As we are stuck as well for another year. Maybe the timing is perfect?

UMBC Lost 20+ games in seven years prior to Odom. Have won 20+ games in Odom’s two years.

UMBC roster is from all over. Some local Maryland guys, but also Whitefish Bay, WI; Wichita Falls,TX; Miami,FL; West Orange,NJ; and Eltham,England.

Very impressive.

Three 20 win seasons. Three postseason appearances. Global recruiting. He’s not going to be there long. But is he ready for an ACC job? That’s a huge leap.

Last edited:
As we are stuck as well for another year. Maybe the timing is perfect?

Could be. I believe that Kelsey would have double buyout until the end of next season. UMass let him out of the agreement they had with the stipulation that he not leave Winthrop until the end of the 2018-19 season. Supposedly UMass had put a $1 milion in the never signed contract.

Kelsey is under contract to Winthrop until 2022, but the buyout is $225K.

I am impressed by the NC Central coach.

They make the NCAA tourney last year. Lose/replace all 5 starters. Make the NCAA tourney again this year.

Barring something illegal or immoral being found, Danny is going nowhere at this point.

I am afraid this is correct. Hatch and WF really don’t care about winning at athletics (just ask folks at ND). There is no reason to keep a low IQ and low energy coach. About the only thing Manning has going for him is the allure of his NBA career to potential recruits.

Wasn’t he considered for a job last year? Don’t remember where.

That may have been it. Are there any coaches in the state worse than Manning?

Last edited:
I am definitely in the Pat Kelsey camp but another name to throw out there is Jeff Battle. They have had some nice wins up there at Providence. Good recruiter and guard coach.

I am definitely in the Pat Kelsey camp but another name to throw out there is Jeff Battle. They have had some nice wins up there at Providence. Good recruiter and guard coach.

I don't believe that Jeff has any head coaching experience since he coached HS ball. Wake needs somebody who has some game management chops.

If the death of Skip didn’t correlate with Battle’s wife’s illness, the entire past 11 years could have played out completely different.

If the death of Skip didn’t correlate with Battle’s wife’s illness, the entire past 11 years could have played out completely different.

Very true. We just will never know what that different would have looked like.

Very impressive.

Three 20 win seasons. Three postseason appearances. Global recruiting. He’s not going to be there long. But is he ready for an ACC job? That’s a huge leap.

Looks like a great fit to me.

Back