• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next year’s football team

Has he checked with the ACCN (ESPN) about that? I'm being halfway serious.

I mean, if they want to dictate how Clawson runs his spring game ... Godspeed to them.

Maybe somebody who watched spring games last weekend can weigh in on variation of styles?

Pretty sure everyone here was at the Masters or watching the Masters last weekend.

Last edited:
He's been at every practice that I've been to, but has not practiced. He doesn't work in "The Pit" with the other guys sitting out, he just stands around with the WRs.

In short: He seems fine. Feels like he's being held out as precaution.

Thank you. To me, he is the most important player on offense with the exception of #10

Wake Spring game tomorrow. On ACC Network starting at 2:00 PM.

Clawson with pregame press conference today. Mentioned two spots with great opportunities for new players: wide receiver, called out Keshawn Williams to step up and show he deserves 40-50 snaps per game. Running back. Looking for a third guy to step up and play "above the line" so one of the RBs can contribute on special teams the way CBS did last season. The third guy could be one of the young guys on the roster or a recent HS signee.

Demond Claiborne will arrive at Wake in July and a door labeled "opportunity" will be right in front of him. It will be interesting to see what he does over the summer.

Wake has better receivers than Alabama this year. Donovan Greene would be a big upgrade for that team.

Alabama might be better than Wake on the defensive side of the ball though.

even with the guy Bama got from the Dawgs?

Jermaine Burton is easily their best WR, which is not great news for them. He's not on the same level as the great Alabama wide receivers of the past 5 years or so. Alabama is also deficient at tight end, which makes things even more challenging for them. Georgia has four guys who would start at TE over what Bama has right now and that is not an exaggeration. It's also probably part of the reason why Burton left.

Jermaine Burton is easily their best WR, which is not great news for them. He's not on the same level as the great Alabama wide receivers of the past 5 years or so. Alabama is also deficient at tight end, which makes things even more challenging for them. Georgia has four guys who would start at TE over what Bama has right now and that is not an exaggeration. It's also probably part of the reason why Burton left.

We don't have to take your word for it. We can watch Burton and see if he is the best receiver ourselves.

New world order with Wake in the preseason Top 10.
Our game with Clemson will be huge. Both teams should be undefeated in this match up of top 10s. With the game at Wake, this could be our best shot in years to beat them. If we win, look out.

If we aren't a finalist for a legitimate ESPN Gameday with both teams top 10 and undefeated then I guess we'll never been in that conversation.

If we aren't a finalist for a legitimate ESPN Gameday with both teams top 10 and undefeated then I guess we'll never been in that conversation.

The biggest competition is probably Wisconsin-Ohio State.

We don’t have enough fans for a game day. Who cares? I don’t listen to those idiots anyway.

We don't have to take your word for it. We can watch Burton and see if he is the best receiver ourselves.

Not for almost five months you can't. And I'm just passing along the comments of the Alabama press calling him their best receiver.

Back