• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next year’s football team

That was my first thought. He has also been injured all spring and didn't practice to my knowledge. He had great size though and it sucks to lose him. One more open portal scholly, I guess.

I think tomorrow is the deadline to enter the portal if you want to be able to play in the fall

One key thing to remember is that May 1 is the deadline to enter into the portal. As far as I know it is NOT the deadline to commit to a new team and still be eligible. There are probably 1000+ guys in the portal to pick from.

One key thing to remember is that May 1 is the deadline to enter into the portal. As far as I know it is NOT the deadline to commit to a new team and still be eligible. There are probably 1000+ guys in the portal to pick from.

Correct.

I believe with the Brendon Harris addition and the Jalen Swindell subtraction, WF has 3 ships to give. Looks like WF is holding one for Draco.

I believe with the Brendon Harris addition and the Jalen Swindell subtraction, WF has 3 ships to give. Looks like WF is holding one for Draco.

If I was doing this, all three remaining scholarships would be targeted for guys who play Defense.

Just heard that Jennifer Ruggiero is leaving her cushy career services gig at WFU. Strange. Maybe Warren is leaving?

Yet Wellman couldn't hook up Shaka's wife.

Maybe Warren's raise was big enough that she no longer needs a cushy career services gig

sounds like she's tired of servicing other peoples' careers and ready to service her own

Just because it looks like she might be leaving, it doesn't mean she will. She may be taking it slow and looking over her options before making a decision.

That's a nice list to be on. I'm going to really enjoy the attention our WR corps should get this year.

The Athletic feature on the Deacs:

https://theathletic.com/3307421/2022/05/13/wake-forest-college-football-dave-clawson-preview/

Wake Forest is coming off arguably the best season in school history. The Demon Deacons bring back upwards of 20 starters. They are loaded with experience and depth.

It would only make sense if they entered the 2022 season with a mantra of “unfinished business,” considering they lost in the ACC title game. But that would shortchange the process that allowed head coach Dave Clawson to lift this program from the depths of the Power 5 to one of the most consistent teams in the country.

“Every year is a new year and a new team,” Clawson said. “If we go in there about ‘unfinished business’ — to make the championship game is really hard, especially in our division. So if we start focusing on a game in December, when we haven’t played one in September yet, I don’t know. I just think every year is new, every year is different. And I’m just not one to get caught up in, ‘Last year we did that.’”

^^^

Good point, as usual, from Clawson.
Just focus on winning the next game up and December will take care of itself.

Also worth noting is the comment about Wake being one of the most consistent teams in the country. A few years ago, it was considered a fluke if Wake had a good season. Now, we’re doing it year after year and setting records in the process. Wake is not a fluke. It’s real and should be feared. Proof of this new perception is Wake being ranked in the top 10-15 in several pre-season polls.
Last season was great….this season could actually be better.

^^^

Good point, as usual, from Clawson.
Just focus on winning the next game up and December will take care of itself.

Also worth noting is the comment about Wake being one of the most consistent teams in the country. A few years ago, it was considered a fluke if Wake had a good season. Now, we’re doing it year after year and setting records in the process. Wake is not a fluke. It’s real and should be feared. Proof of this new perception is Wake being ranked in the top 10-15 in several pre-season polls.
Last season was great….this season could actually be better.

The next step in good to great. Consistent recognition as really good.

Back