• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next Year's FB Team + Scholarship Tracker |

ACC transfer portal stats per school to date:

School -- #entering the portal -- commits from the portal

BC -- 12 -- 1
Cal -- 8 -- 2
Clemson -- 7 -- 0
Duke -- 8 -- 0
FSU -- 11 -- 0
GT -- 5 -- 2
L'ville -- 8 -- 3
Miami -- 8 -- 0
NC State -- 17 -- 3
UNC -- 16 -- 1
Pitt -- 10 -- 0
SMU -- 6 -- 0
Stanford -- 4 -- 0
Cuse -- 6 -- 0
UVA -- 11 -- 1
VT -- 10 -- 0
WF -- 13 --3

Random others:

ND -- 12 -- 3
tOSU -- 14 -- 0
UGA -- 10 -- 0
A&M -- 17 --3
Florida -- 16 -- 0
Vandy -- 16 -- 2

Losing 10 seems about average. Also, hard to say the import, per school, without a deeper dive as losing Jacob Zuhr is not the same as losing Jahmal Banks. Also, lots of commits to go; otherwise there will be a ton of transfer portal people with no home.

So we've got a 6th year QB coming off a rough year with Louisiana Tech, and 2 FBS transfers. While I'm hopeful that they are diamonds in the rough, they are not exactly the type of transfers the fanbase is going to get excited about. I'm thinking RTQ is putting the finishing touches on some big splash commits later this week!

So we've got a 6th year QB coming off a rough year with Louisiana Tech, and 2 FBS transfers. While I'm hopeful that they are diamonds in the rough, they are not exactly the type of transfers the fanbase is going to get excited about. I'm thinking RTQ is putting the finishing touches on some big splash commits later this week!
Could care less if the transfers win the press conference. It won't matter if WF is 4-8 again next year.

If these guys can play and WF improves, then it's all good.

So, I'm curious just who you think these "big splash" commits could be? Do you really think we are going to get any "big splash" commits as far as big or even semi known names, with all the competition in the portal and NIL? The best guys we've gotten through the portal and transfer have been guys that weren't a big splash when we signed them. Heck, the receiver from Tennessee Merrill, was probably a lot more known than most of our transfers and he couldn't even get on the field this year. Kobie Turner was an FCS transfer, how big a splash was he when he was signed? One of our best players on defense this past season was a transfer from NC A&T, don't know that he was a big splash as far as name go, but he sure could play. If by "big splash" you mean a "name" from a power 5 or good group of 5 team, then I hope you're not holding your breath. If we get a player from a P5 or even from some G5's, it's probably going to be somebody that either struggled there and we're hoping they can turn it around (see QB commit) or a player that hasn't seen the field much because they're playing behind better players and we hope they've got potential and just need a chance to show it. There are good players at all levels of college football, seems like every year during the senior all-star games there is at least one D2 or even D3 player that stands out when they get out there with the FBS players. For us, I think it's a matter of finding the right ones and getting them.

Last edited:
Its still early. Lots of dominos to fall. Including players at other schools currently whose coach is about to recruit over them, and they say “fuck that” and hit the portal last second

Its still early. Lots of dominos to fall. Including players at other schools currently whose coach is about to recruit over them, and they say “fuck that” and hit the portal last second
Probably a bunch more guys hit the portal shortly after national signing day for HS kids. Dec. 20.

Vert true, only what 15-20 percent of guys in the portal have committed somewhere at this point.

Garnes entering draft. May have been out of eligibility anyway according to the chart.

Yes, we'll get some of those guys. But if they're being recruited over, there's no guarantee they'll contribute here either. Would love as well to score some major portal wins.

Yes, we'll get some of those guys. But if they're being recruited over, there's no guarantee they'll contribute here either. Would love as well to score some major portal wins.
Again, I'm curious as to what our definition of a "Big Splash" or "major portal win" would be? Serious question, not trying to be a smart ass at all.

So, I'm curious just who you think these "big splash" commits could be? Do you really think we are going to get any "big splash" commits as far as big or even semi known names, with all the competition in the portal and NIL? The best guys we've gotten through the portal and transfer have been guys that weren't a big splash when we signed them. Heck, the receiver from Tennessee Merrill, was probably a lot more known than most of our transfers and he couldn't even get on the field this year. Kobie Turner was an FCS transfer, how big a splash was he when he was signed? One of our best players on defense this past season was a transfer from NC A&T, don't know that he was a big splash as far as name go, but he sure could play. If by "big splash" you mean a "name" from a power 5 or good group of 5 team, then I hope you're not holding your breath. If we get a player from a P5 or even from some G5's, it's probably going to be somebody that either struggled there and we're hoping they can turn it around (see QB commit) or a player that hasn't seen the field much because they're playing behind better players and we hope they've got potential and just need a chance to show it. There are good players at all levels of college football, seems like every year during the senior all-star games there is at least one D2 or even D3 player that stands out when they get out there with the FBS players. For us, I think it's a matter of finding the right ones and getting them.
College fb has gotten so crazy, I honestly got ready to google "Tennessee Merrill" to see what level of football this college played until I realized there was a comma missing.

College fb has gotten so crazy, I honestly got ready to google "Tennessee Merrill" to see what level of football this college played until I realized there was a comma missing.
Sorry, I can see how that was confusing. o_O

Back