• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next Year's FB Team + Scholarship Tracker |

They are losing their minds on the 247 board. Apparently Cam Lemons was kind of down on him as a prospect on a podcast last week and now that he committed to wake people are furious with Clawson

Weird place over there
You post here and you think the other board is weird? We’re weird here. We’re weird there. We are fans posting anonymously on a sports message board. If I was normal, I’d be in bed asleep next to my wife. Instead, I’m one of us dipshits up late eating a block of cheese on the couch while reading about a season that is already over.

They have a weird business model over there..... beg people to pay for a subscription and then berate and belittle them when any of their opinions are questioned. A little odd if you ask me.
This part is true. I think they make it really hard to cancel, though, so it still works out.

To clarify. I am fine with the players getting a piece of the action. But with no restrictions or contracts - this is a wild free for all. Players will just come and go to the highest bidder. There has to be some sort of "salary cap" and contractual bond or there will be very little if any competitive balance.

Indentured servitude is a strong word for something people seek out. No one forces a kid to play high D1 sports. They spend all of their childhood wanting/ seeking that opportunity.

Better than the indentured servitude they were dealing with previously
I'll play along, and use your logic to blow up the other side of the argument too. . . . current state of NIL. . . players standing on a bidding block, taken by the highest bidder, to go and work on their farm campus. . . .

You see, this is a garbage argument too!!!

We all go to work for someone else, and they pay us, what we both have agreed to work for. . . ITS CALLED A JOB, not servitude :facepalm:

And yes, receiving a $350,000 education when most of us had to pay for our own, is really nice compensation to begin with.

The point BtB was making, is that we must have limitations and guard rails or this is literally a circus!

Last edited:
I'll play along, and use your logic to blow up the other side of the argument too. . . . current state of NIL. . . players standing on a bidding block, taken by the highest bidder, to go and work on their farm campus. . . .

You see, this is a garbage argument!!!

We all go to work for someone else, and they pay us, what we both have agreed to work for. . . ITS CALLED A JOB, not servitude :facepalm:

And yes, receiving a $350,000 education when most of us had to pay for our own, is really nice compensation to begin with.

The point BtB was making, is that we must have limitations and guard rails or this is literally a circus!
A $350,000 education when all those nice mostly white administrators are making millions on the backs of those mostly black athletes?

Sure. Sounds perfect.

Or, wait…maybe the athletes should get a fair share. Or whatever they can…ya know, like the coaches and admins are.

A $350,000 education when all those nice mostly white administrators are making millions on the backs of those mostly black athletes?

Sure. Sounds perfect
happens everyday to me at my job too. . . . wealthy board members and directors (both black and white) make millions off of my back and others just like me. . . what's your point?

These kids (again, both black and white,) seek this out.

It is ridiculous to make these ignorant claims. . . .

happens everyday to me at my job too. . . . wealthy board members and directors (both black and white) make millions off of my back and others just like me. . . what's your point?

And are you allowed to leave your job yearly? For as long as you want?

Here's a thought.
Cohesion on the O-line in 2024 will be better than it was in 2023, in part because Michael Jurgens has exhausted his eligibility. Petitbon was the center and responsible for the line calls of blocking assignments. He was a new voice there. However, the guy who had been that voice for four years was still on the line.

Did the guys on the line have trouble adjusting to the new voice making line calls?

Was Jurgens still thinking like he was the center, looking and mentally processing his own set of calls while also paying attention to the actual calls that Petitbon was making?

Was Petitbon second guessing himself with Jurgens right beside him and hence not as firm in his calls?

Hooz, do you get paid at your job?

State got Grayson McCall. Really nice get for them.

Would love to know if we made a competitive bid on McCall.

Hooz, do you get paid at your job?
yes, I get paid what they offered me, before I accepted employment. . . . at the terms that were pre-set.

I absolutely want these kids to get a piece of the pie, even paychecks if thats how it shakes out, but terms need to be agreed upon and rules set. . . that was BtB (and others') original point.

but don't act like hundreds of thousands of dollars in free tuition cannot be part of that compensation.

however in my clergy job, I do not get paid, and it is nearly a full time job in addition to my other job.

And are you allowed to leave your job yearly? For as long as you want?
i am, at any time. . .

but then I'd also be fired, and then must go find employment elsewhere, because that is part of the agreed upon, employment terms.

and that behavior would follow me to the next job by way of reference, and a reputation would precede me. . .

same as these student-athletes, right?

no one is made to play a kids game, ever. and a kids game for money.

its a choice, there are many other routes through life.

yes, I get paid what they offered me, before I accepted employment. . . . at the terms that were pre-set.

I absolutely want these kids to get a piece of the pie, even paychecks if thats how it shakes out, but terms need to be agreed upon and rules set. . . that was BtB (and others') original point.

but don't act like hundreds of thousands of dollars in free tuition cannot be part of that compensation.

however in my clergy job, I do not get paid, and it is nearly a full time job in addition to my other job.
Yeah, as I've stated several times, I'm all good with the players getting some kind of compensation in addition to their scholly. However, don't act like getting a scholarship to get a college education is worthless when honestly a lot of these guys would have no other avenue to go to college. When you look at how much the schools and coaches are making, then yeah they ought to get something because without them none of that happens, I just hope there will be changes because they way it is now has created a runaway train with no end in sight.

Doeren has absolutely killed the quarterback transfer game for years, no surprise they got another good one. Our boy Hecklinski is going to be the real deal though so no worries.

I think McCall's value was seen as a lot closer to Bachmeier (or some of the FBS quarterbacks) than the guys programs are actually clamoring for. The other top landing spots rumored for him based on the Vegas odds were UCF, Nebraska and JMU (and it sounds like he would have been a backup plan for Nebraska).

With McCall, part of it might be that he had a pretty bad season last year after Chadwell left, but I think a bigger theme is that lower level QBs just don't seem to be getting much interest compared to P5 guys. I'm sure there is data on this, but the gap between conferences / divisions has probably gotten a lot bigger with the new transfer rules and NIL, so good production at lower levels is getting heavily discounted.

Doeren has absolutely killed the quarterback transfer game for years, no surprise they got another good one. Our boy Hecklinski is going to be the real deal though so no worries.
Brennan Armstrong was absolute disaster for NC State this past year. He was benched, and then, only got to play after MJ Morris decided to sit so he could transfer out of NC State. At the mid point in the season, it was a dead heat whether NC State fans were more down on Armstrong than WF fans were down on Griffis. He was that bad.

Armstrong's play did improve at the end of the season, but it was really their defense that carried them.

Back