• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next Year's FB Team + Scholarship Tracker |

Brennan Armstrong was absolute disaster for NC State this past year. He was benched, and then, only got to play after MJ Morris decided to sit so he could transfer out of NC State. I would say that at the mid point in the season whether NC State fans were more down on Armstrong than WF fans were down on Griffis. He was that bad.

Brennan play improved at the end of the season, but it was really their defense that carried them.
And before him they had Brissett and Finley.

i am, at any time. . .

but then I'd also be fired, and then must go find employment elsewhere, because that is part of the agreed upon, employment terms.

and that behavior would follow me to the next job by way of reference, and a reputation would precede me. . .

same as these student-athletes, right?

no one is made to play a kids game, ever. and a kids game for money.

its a choice, there are many other routes through life.
it is a choice... they should be paid market rate for it.

If NC State has 16 in the portal, we ought to snag as many fat boys as possible, in retribution to taking Grimes.

Here's a thought.
Cohesion on the O-line in 2024 will be better than it was in 2023, in part because Michael Jurgens has exhausted his eligibility. Petitbon was the center and responsible for the line calls of blocking assignments. He was a new voice there. However, the guy who had been that voice for four years was still on the line.

Did the guys on the line have trouble adjusting to the new voice making line calls?

Was Jurgens still thinking like he was the center, looking and mentally processing his own set of calls while also paying attention to the actual calls that Petitbon was making?

Was Petitbon second guessing himself with Jurgens right beside him and hence not as firm in his calls?
Don't know if it's a recorded stat but seems Jurgens led the team in false starts, him or Clapp. Both seemed to do it a lot. I don't recall Jurgens doing this with Hartman.

Brennan Armstrong was absolute disaster for NC State this past year. He was benched, and then, only got to play after MJ Morris decided to sit so he could transfer out of NC State. At the mid point in the season, it was a dead heat whether NC State fans were more down on Armstrong than WF fans were down on Griffis. He was that bad.

Armstrong's play did improve at the end of the season, but it was really their defense that carried them.
Yes, but they won with Armstrong. With his size he ran through us like warm butter. Since Doeren believes in developing line play with big, fat guys, this is how they beat us with ease.

....and Devin Leary, who transfered and started at Kentucky and had a great year.
Eh, he had an “ok” year - he was pretty shit until October, and he still lost to a terrible South Carolina team.

No. He transferred out as did super-stiff Bailey Hockman (sp).

Brennan Armstrong was absolute disaster for NC State this past year. He was benched, and then, only got to play after MJ Morris decided to sit so he could transfer out of NC State. At the mid point in the season, it was a dead heat whether NC State fans were more down on Armstrong than WF fans were down on Griffis. He was that bad.

Armstrong's play did improve at the end of the season, but it was really their defense that carried them.
eye test told me armstrong was awful at UVA

was pretty happy when he transferred to state

Armstrong was terrible before he was benched. He was not terrible when he returned, and, in fact played pretty well. But yes, State's D did carry them most of the year (not in the Va Tech win when the D gave up 31, however).

So Greene, Morin, Horatio Fields, Hilton (Deuce) Alexander, Micah Mays... Who am I missing?

Back