• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next Year's FB Team + Scholarship Tracker |

I mean... why even bother?
Unfortunately, I don't really understand the portal but can't see why another school would want him. No resume. Would take a lot of faith. Somewhere like Western Carolina or Mars Hill where Mark Richt's son went from Clemson.

Last edited:
I'm not ready to crown Kern, but I think we saw enough against SU to say that with 3 warmup games vs Elon, Vandy, and ODU, he could have been a solid QB. 2021 Hartman numbers? No. Good enough to keep this season from going completely off the rails? Probably.

I'm not ready to crown Kern, but I think we saw enough against SU to say that with 3 warmup games vs Elon, Vandy, and ODU, he could have been a solid QB. 2021 Hartman numbers? No. Good enough to keep this season from going completely off the rails? Probably.

Didn't think about the fact that Kern didn't get the benefit of the warmup games against Elon, Vandy, and ODU to settle in. Instead, he was thrown into the fire at VT. Even though VT isn't the VT of the Beamer Days, that's still a very tough place to come in cold. Yeah, we had already lost Clemson and GT but season wasn't lost at that point- sitting at 4-2. Season was lost last week at Cuse and second half of State game when he got meaningful snaps. If Kern hadn't gotten hurt the VT game, who knows how season would have unfolded. Would we have beaten VT, FSU, and State? Probably not but likely Duke and the Cuse game would have meant something to get to 6-6. 6-6 is so much better than 4-8.

Clawson previously said that no one is being given the QB1 spot. There will be an open competition in the Spring.

Clawson previously said that no one is being given the QB1 spot. There will be an open competition in the Spring.

Yeah I saw that too- need to put out a flyer on campus and have frat league guys come out. Full "Open Tryouts"

We have no idea if Kern is a great QB option for next year because he didn’t get a real chance. Griffis got like 8 games to prove he sucks. Kern’s first start was at ND and then he looked great at Cuse. He could be great. He could be mediocre. But if he’s our QB next year then we’re already in better shape than we were this year just based on the Cuse game alone.

I agree that he shouldn't be anointed the chosen one but it's good to have someone in the QB room who has run the offense. If he isn't QB1, I really hope DC and Warren learned lesson this past year that we gotta pull the starter when it's clear it isn't working vs. doubling down on offense. We got into way big of a hole in most games this year that we couldn't dig ourselves out of. Defense is good but not that good. If Gilliam, Hecklinski, or XYZ guy from the portal start going off rails, put in Kern- please.

With ten departures so far (five out of eligibility, five transfers), we're now down to 94 committed schollies, so that's at least 15 additional to go, but probably more so we have some room for transfers.

16 players honored on Senior Day are still unaccounted for.

With ten departures so far (five out of eligibility, five transfers), we're now down to 94 committed schollies, so that's at least 15 additional to go, but probably more so we have some room for transfers.

16 players honored on Senior Day are still unaccounted for.

I'd assume unless we hear definitively they're coming back- that anyone honored on Senior Day is a goner to either Portal or Draft.

I'd assume unless we hear definitively they're coming back- that anyone honored on Senior Day is a goner to either Portal or Draft.
We're going to hear definitively either way from each of them. It's 2023 and the socials are buzzing.

Back