• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next Year's FB Team + Scholarship Tracker | Spring Transfer Portal Open

Grimes was a disappointment this year. Although, may be because of less than stellar coaching from our new WR coach, who we hired from a school that runs the triple option. Remains a curious decision to me.
He looked pretty good with Kern at QB.

DJU article I read said he's in the portal and immediately eligible

how does that work on a second transfer?

or is "portal" a catchall that includes grad transfers

DJU would be pretty deadly in the slow mesh with his size, if he could learn to make the read(s). Basically a more talented Newman.
Plus he gets bonus to play his former team that promoted over him

Who would be interested in Grimes? He has only two years left and has no production to showcase.

I don't think any big program would be, so where is he going to move? I would not be surprised if he comes back.

If anything, may be a good sign of where we are at with Green/Key/Banks/Morin.

I mean, he had ~350 yards and 4 TDs as a fringe starter. Can't imagine they didn't see him as a starter next season, with the likely attrition of (at least some of) Morin, Banks, Greene, and Key.

He didn't have the year we expected, but was much more impactful than Nolan Groulx, for example.

Who would be interested in Grimes? He has only two years left and has no production to showcase.

I don't think any big program would be, so where is he going to move? I would not be surprised if he comes back.

If anything, may be a good sign of where we are at with Green/Key/Banks/Morin.

Yeah I like the thinking I think it's more that another highly rated recruit didn't work out so disappointing. I agree- I don't see Grimes walking into a P5 starting position just like that but could see him being a P5 starter next fall. On the Big 4 - I would rated the importance of keeping and NIL dollars flowing as 1. Greene, 2. Key, 3. Banks, 4. Morin.

I mean, he had ~350 yards and 4 TDs as a fringe starter. Can't imagine they didn't see him as a starter next season, with the likely attrition of (at least some of) Morin, Banks, Greene, and Key.

He didn't have the year we expected, but was much more impactful than Nolan Groulx, for example.
Yeah he had more production than I would have said. I only remember him dropping passes and missing big plays.

I still like Grimes' potential, but he never seemed super fluid out there, had a few drop/fumble issues, and adequate but not elite ball skills. We've just been so spoiled with WRs lately. He would have also looked far better with a competent QB throwing him the ball.

I still like Grimes' potential, but he never seemed super fluid out there, had a few drop/fumble issues, and adequate but not elite ball skills. We've just been so spoiled with WRs lately. He would have also looked far better with a competent QB throwing him the ball.

and a competent WR coach.

Agreed. He seemed like a good possession receiver like a Bachman or Surratt - I'm not good with the letters, but I think that's our X? Definitely not a super athlete, either as a burner or a jumper, like Perry / Banks. But I think he'd be a good complement to a more-athletic Z.

The drops would hopefully improve as he matured. Perry had lots of early drop issues too.

Grimes was a disappointment this year. Although, may be because of less than stellar coaching from our new WR coach, who we hired from a school that runs the triple option. Remains a curious decision to me.
Because he had an utter donk throwing him the ball for most of the season. Looked good with Kern.

Gotta think this one is on Clawson and the painfully slow decision to bench Griffis...

Back