• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next Year's FB Team + Scholarship Tracker |

I love the Hartman offense slinging it down field but generally speaking- we’re better off avoiding track meet games since majority of teams we play have more talent and depth than we do.

With NIL money really starting to roll in, this feels like the beginning of the end of Wake competing in football at an ACC caliber of conference. I would like to be wrong, of course, and maybe instead of coaching up 3 star high school kids we coach up 2 star high school kids that first went to an FCS and we are okay.

With NIL money really starting to roll in, this feels like the beginning of the end of Wake competing in football at an ACC caliber of conference. I would like to be wrong, of course, and maybe instead of coaching up 3 star high school kids we coach up 2 star high school kids that first went to an FCS and we are okay.
I disagree. We can still NIL match with the bottom half of the P5, and honestly we don’t even recruit against most of those. We’ve been recruiting against the G5 for years….for some reason.

Last edited:
We had an awful year - guys are going to leave as they would at any program in America. Sky isn’t falling. Is it harder for LoWF to be competitive in new era? For sure but it’s always been harder as we’re constantly a tweener between elite national school and glorified G5 program.

It is telling that neither departing WRs mentioned Confessor. From a receivers perspective this season was a wasted year, so I am not optimistic about returning many guys.

the negative signals around confessor are piling up.

also it wouldn’t be shocking to me if there some issues stemming having higgins in the building in terms of him trying to build credibility, potentially a weird situation.

maybe higgins will take his old job back

People consider towns past Dulles to be suburbs?

Ashburn is solidly a suburb. Has its own Metro stop now. The sprawl is real.

Loudoun County has been one of the wealthiest counties in the U.S. for quite a few years. Ashburn won’t be confused with Arlington in terms of development, but I don’t think anyone outside of whoever else said it above would classify it as rural.

Imagine you took a job and had been there for 3 years in a rhythm and then the guy that hired you moved to another managerial position in the company and they brought in someone new for you to report to that came from a completely different type of company in same industry. You gave the new boss a year but then it became clear something wasn’t working and your voice seemed to be lost with upper management- what would you do?
Yeah and I'd add Higgins is a very good WR coach and Confessor is unproven.

Williams was our best receiver. He leaves for same reason as Walker. Not utilized enough.

How come Clawson can't see that with his policy of rotating the players at the skill positions, he's always going to run off his top player? What guy in his heart, if he knows he's the best, will stay in that situation?

Wouldn't shock me if we snag a proven receiver in the portal for Depth.

If we somehow bring Greene, Banks and Morin back, with the young guys behind them, that's still somehow an elite ACC receiving room.
It would shock me if that occurs before we get a transfer QB commit. Why would a proven WR commit here right now?

Ashburn is solidly a suburb. Has its own Metro stop now. The sprawl is real.

Loudoun County has been one of the wealthiest counties in the U.S. for quite a few years. Ashburn won’t be confused with Arlington in terms of development, but I don’t think anyone outside of whoever else said it above would classify it as rural.

Ashburn was rural 20 years ago. Now it’s tech central.

Key leaving was not NIL related.

It came down to being THE slot guy between him and Morin. One of the two was going to part ways.
Did the staff choose Morin over Key?

If Williams is leaving because he’s not getting enough playing time at Wake, we are fucking up hugely. If that was the case, move Morin outside and let him play slot to his hearts content. That’s serious mismanagement by the coaching staff. Holy shit.

Did the staff choose Morin over Key?
Hell, I like Morin fine, but I would rate him third most important receiver in the slot moving forward. Williams is just a phenomenal talent, and I would rather develop deuce as the one who shares time there. Move Morin into whatever role Grimes was going to have.

Back