• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next Year's FB Team + Scholarship Tracker | Spring Transfer Portal Open

RTQ has had postive conversations with:

• Jahmal Banks
  • Donavon Greene
  • Jasheen Davis
  • Taylor Morin
  • DeVonte Gordon
  • Demond Claiborne
  • Kevin Pointer (see social media post this AM)
So far, so good. If we can get Banks and Greene back, this is is a good first NIL off-season. Not even including any new additions. Losing Key and Grimes in that situation hurts, bu not devastating

@RollTheQuadNIL does the nature of these NIL deals means the player has to make a firm commitment to receive any money?

Meaning, its not just a verbal agreement they can easily back-out of or shop around through this portal window or next one in April?

We weren’t gonna keep all WR’s with amount of bodies and lack of a gunslinger at QB. I’m more concerned about coaching at that position than anything else - We have the talent.

Any of our guys trying to use the portal as leverage to get more NIL from Wake? Not sure how that would be looked upon by the staff and the collective...
hopefully not, but really no way to police that to be honest

are the players obligated to make the "i'm coming back" posts based on their RTQ agreements?

also has there been any news on chase jones? he wasn't mentioned in the RTQ post.
have not been given direction there yet

So far, so good. If we can get Banks and Greene back, this is is a good first NIL off-season. Not even including any new additions. Losing Key and Grimes in that situation hurts, bu not devastating

@RollTheQuadNIL does the nature of these NIL deals means the player has to make a firm commitment to receive any money?

Meaning, its not just a verbal agreement they can easily back-out of or shop around through this portal window or next one in April?
Both WRs have been contacted. Again, losing Key and Grimes were not NIL related.

Nothing is ever 100% firm until after the portal closes.

Both WRs have been contacted. Again, losing Key and Grimes were not NIL related.

OK, that is good to know.

Yes, wasn't trying to make it sound like they left because NIL. Just that our WR would still be in pretty good shape even with those two guys leaving if everyone else returned.

was this a PT thing, snap count, looks . . . or was it class/school load? any further elaboration?

and if RTQ doesnt want to discuss, I understand, but if anyone else would like to opine, it would be appreciated, thanks!

truly hate seeing Key go, and Grimes has a world of potential.

was this a PT thing, snap count, looks . . . or was it class/school load? any further elaboration?

and if RTQ doesnt want to discuss, I understand, but if anyone else would like to opine, it would be appreciated, thanks!

that's not really information that RTQ would have access to (and if we did, maybe not a realm we should get into, if that makes sense?)

Think it would be a great question from Conor or Les though. Not sure if you'd get the 100% straight forward answer.

I think Fields could end up being more than an adequate replacement for Grimes.

Last edited:
Because Sluka is listed at 6-3 and clearly that's too tall for Wake's offense?

(I am not sure so I am deflecting with poor humor)
I don't guess there is any rumors on other QB's we have offered?

I was actually watching the 2022 Seattle Bowl last night and James Macpherson was listed as 6'2", the guys doing the game said there was no way he was taller than 5'10" after standing beside him. I wonder if stated height and weight is still as inflated as it used to be?

Really insightful.

I would just say that it just seems a forgotten piece that college programs do develop players from within. Jasheen Davis redshirted as a freshman, and then had a strong year as a RS freshman; same with Boogie Basham and Zach Tom and Jurgens on the OL. Just seems crazy that with the transfer portal that fans/media seem to forget that there are incoming recruits sitting out as true freshman, but are ready to contribute, and sometimes even star as red-shirt freshman.

That's really what good programs do rather than just try to find a one year solution from Toledo or Holy Cross. Not saying EVERY hole will be filled by a rising true frosh, but got to believe that there are some areas where WF can fulfill the need from younger players already on the roster. Kind of a crazy thought. These days, the mode of thinking is to look at what contributors are leaving and think that every spot has to be filled by a transfer; that really is a short-sighted way to look at a football roster. Recruiting and developing HS players has to remain the priority for WF.
And we went heavy on DL in the 2023 class. Tyler Walton and Kerrington Lee were big recruits at edge and seemed to pop up in the camp reports. Ka'Shawn Thomas was a 315 lb NT coming in. Chris Marable is another DT. Would love to see 1-2 guys jump to the rotation from those ranks.

I think Fields could end up being more than an adequate replacement.
As I predicted we can expect to lose one top skill position player each year now due to Clawson's policy of rotation, no matter how well you've played. Even though we have some really good ones, Williams was by far our best overall receiver. Best hands, speed, and moves.

Like Walker, expect him to shine in a pass-happy O where he is the featured receiver, thereby improving his draft status.

I don't guess there is any rumors on other QB's we have offered?

I was actually watching the 2022 Seattle Bowl last night and James Macpherson was listed as 6'2", the guys doing the game said there was no way he was taller than 5'10" after standing beside him. I wonder if stated height and weight is still as inflated as it used to be?
Don't have anything on rumored QB offers, sorry.

As I predicted we can expect to lose one top skill position player each year now due to Clawson's policy of rotation, no matter how well you've played. Even though we have some really good ones, Williams was by far our best overall receiver. Best hands, speed, and moves.

Like Walker, expect him to shine in a pass-happy O where he is the featured receiver, thereby improving his draft status.
Well I meant Fields as a more than adequate replacement for Grimes, not Williams. We'll need somebody to step up there.

Back