• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next Year's FB Team + Scholarship Tracker |

Fuck, we are being taken apart piece by piece.

I am scared for our future

Fuck, we are being taken apart piece by piece.

I am scared for our future
Look, I get it, but let’s just wait and see how everything shakes out as to who we get as well. I think they said 15% of the players with remaining eligibility from the 2023 FBS rosters are in the portal. So, this going on all over. I’m very scared for how Wake can survive in this era of college football, but also take a breath and let’s just see what happens.

If it is any scarier than the season we just had, now that would be cause for concern!

Lame as fuck, hope NC State has another QB quit on the team mid season and they suck next year losing their defensive pieces.

Haven’t paid super close attention but have there been any notable transfers in? Is there a comprehensive chart at this point?

I am afraid the season and the lack of quarterback play we had influenced many these portal moves.
Right and that’s 100% on DC- we knew all along 2022 would be Sam’s last year. We didn’t get blindsided - we weren’t prepared and fell asleep at the wheel. A casual fan could tell from the Elon game that Mitch wasn’t an ACC level QB. DC gets millions to not put us in that position.

Clawson dug this hole for himself and our program. He grossly mismanaged this years squad, specifically QB, and it's up to him to dig us back out.

He's a good coach and he's capable, but I think the depth of this hole he has dug is deeper than just disgruntled fans on a message board.

I'm guilty of somewhat blindly supporting Claw since he's arrived at Wake, because by all accounts he's been a great coach for Wake, but he will be scrutinized closely moving forward. Not just from Creamy G, but from people who matter much more than myself.

Here's to hoping he rights the ship!

A quality many HOF coaches possess is listening to other people. Claw has been somewhat of a dictator since arriving on campus. In 2013 when he arrives, we needed a dictator. The program has evolved, and it's past time Clawson evolves and listens to the other smart people in the room too.

I'm getting these talking points from past players and other tier 1 and 2 sources through casual convo, but I'd say it's pretty clear to the common fan as well.

A quality many HOF coaches possess is listening to other people. Claw has been somewhat of a dictator since arriving on campus. In 2013 when he arrives, we needed a dictator. The program has evolved, and it's past time Clawson evolves and listens to the other smart people in the room too.

I'm getting these talking points from past players and other tier 1 and 2 sources through casual convo, but I'd say it's pretty clear to the common fan as well.
Agreed. The dictator approach doesn’t work at big time level college football anymore. Yeah- that works at FCS level or low G5 but players/boosters have too much power in this new era.

Haven’t paid super close attention but have there been any notable transfers in? Is there a comprehensive chart at this point?
I haven’t noticed a lot of announcements of players committing somewhere for any school yet, just players leaving. Guess we‘re still in a period of players weighing offers.

Yes this is true. I‘m a huge DC fan but he can be less than warm, and has a high degree of certainty. I think that this has been a humbling for him. We are all still learning. He has the capacity to use this as a launch pad.

This portal thing is out of control, but far from clear how it affects us, I was certain it was going to be disastrous, but now I don’t know. Someone posted about Sabin hating the new system bc he can’t stockpile talent With handcuffs. Dave Odom on recruiting told me in competing against the big guys, “ they can’t have them all”

There is a lot of talent out there. Outside of the super elite DLine athletes, OLine is more a developmental and mental position. QB is the most important position and was a complete failure. Plenty of guys out there could have led us to 8 wins this year. A complete screw up by our staff.

look how much better we are on D now with the improved LB play and surprising consistently on the DLine.

Back