• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next Year's FB Team + Scholarship Tracker |

Eh maybe, we still may be dealing with a pretty mediocre QB but the drop off from an offense that went from high 30 passing TDS a year to a low teens one is going to make WRs look elsewhere.
I really don't know how much that has to do with any of this. Teams all over the country that had solid QB play this season and have solid QB situations going into next season are having guys go into the portal.

I really don't know how much that has to do with any of this. Teams all over the country that had solid QB play this season and have solid QB situations going into next season are having guys go into the portal.
You don’t think a drop in reliable QB play which leads to a drop in production, opportunities, receptions and touchdowns has much to do with 3 of our top 4 receivers leaving? Do you think it’s the cafeteria food?

You don’t think a drop in reliable QB play which leads to a drop in production, opportunities, receptions and touchdowns has much to do with 3 of our top 4 receivers leaving? Do you think it’s the cafeteria food?
Not a factor. The opportunity to make more money elsewhere drove Banks' decision. Understand that Grimes was just generally not happy at WF. Keyshawn is a slot and Morin is a slot; one was going to go even if Caleb Williams had announced he was transferring to WF.

Not a factor. The opportunity to make more money elsewhere drove Banks' decision. Understand that Grimes was just generally not happy at WF. Keyshawn is a slot and Morin is a slot; one was going to go even if Caleb Williams had announced he was transferring to WF.
Amazing that it wasn’t a factor yet it wasn’t happening when we had good QB play.

I think losing Key, Banks, and Grimes has more to do with change at WR coach than anything else. I bet we keep 2/3 of them if Higgins was still their coach. I can't blame them. Clearly something happened this year at WR that just didn't work and it wasn't all QB's fault. There were a lot of bad drops, bad routes, not coming back for the ball, etc.

So they had more faith in Mitch Griffis than they would in Caleb Williams? What kind of Jedi mind tricks did he use to fool our entire program??

They tried Morin at wideout, and he is more suited for the slot, which is Key's position. It was known for awhile that just one of Morin or Key would stay. It didn't matter who the QB was.

I think losing Key, Banks, and Grimes has more to do with change at WR coach than anything else. I bet we keep 2/3 of them if Higgins was still their coach. I can't blame them. Clearly something happened this year at WR that just didn't work and it wasn't all QB's fault. There were a lot of bad drops, bad routes, not coming back for the ball, etc.
Good points.

So, who will coach WR next year?

Not the same guy, riiiigghhhtttt?

I think players are entering the portal all over the country, I realize you’re probably focusing just on Wake but it’s all over. Grimes is freaking going to State how’s their QB situation for next year right now.

Grimes to state makes it seem like he was leaving more because of Higgins stepping down than the QB situation. Our QB situation is way better than State’s right now.

Also players, and many people that age as well as many other ages, sometimes make decisions just from emotion. Maybe Grimes is just frustrated and needed a fresh start, irrespective of what either school’s QB situation is.

I’m not saying he was, just that it’s hard to assign motives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think players are entering the portal all over the country, I realize you’re probably focusing just on Wake but it’s all over. Grimes is freaking going to State how’s their QB situation for next year right now.
Since my view of college football is apparently very myopic, which team is Wake most like that has multiple contributing wide receivers in the portal? Miss St who is on their 3rd coach in 2 years, Michigan st whose coach was also fired, Indiana whose coach was fired or Vanderbilt who had a terrible season and both their starting QBs enter the portal?

Back