• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next Year's FB Team + Scholarship Tracker |

With Banks out, my scholarship count (see first post in thread) is now at 85.

Besides Greene, haven't seen anything posted around the following senior day guys:
  • Elmonus
  • Chaney
  • Chase Jones
  • Ranson

I would suspect/hope we want to take more transfers than that, so figure there's even more news coming.

Sounds like Chase Jones' injury (concussion) makes it unlikely he will play football going forward.

Of our 2368 (😂) passing yards last season 1376 of that has entered the portal with 3 receivers leaving. Our 1st, 3rd and 4th leading receivers think they will be better served playing elsewhere, rather than playing in the same system they know and a QB they have worked with.

I could’ve added Ellison’s 61 yards as well but why belabor the point

Damn. Agree with the sentiment, this is the first one that has me really bummed. I do agree if Greene returns and we don't have other attrition (i.e. Fields, Alexander, Mays) we should be able to survive.

sadly, and I hate to say it. . . that's a lot riding on a version of Donny G. that doesn't get injured. . . . or that returns to full form. that poor guy just seems to always be dealing with something.

Absolute nonsense - You don't think it's easier to win college football games at a state flagship public in a relatively talent rich state versus a private school with the smallest undergrad enrollment in a power conference???

Especially in the NIL era.

Bye Bye Banks....lose #1 & #2 receivers. I disagree with those saying this is the worst. Williams was worse in my eyes and this one compounds it, by greatly decreasing our passing yard production .

Williams was underutilized (why yardage production was low), hence contributing to his "see ya".

Last edited:
sadly, and I hate to say it. . . that's a lot riding on a version of Donny G. that doesn't get injured. . . . or that returns to full form. that poor guy just seems to always be dealing with something.
If I recall correctly, Mt Airy's James Brim had lots of DNP due to injuries.

Bye Bye Banks....lose #1 & #2 receivers. I disagree with those saying this is the worst. Williams was worse in my eyes and this one compounds it, by greatly decreasing our passing yard production .

Williams was underutilized (why yardage production was low), hence contributing to his "see ya".
I think Key is more talented, but we are also in a lot better shape in slot than in tall, rangy outside WR.

AK Kelly was in line to be the next tall project WR after Washington, AT, and Banks and he’s in the portal too.

Banks is a great guy and a great player but this one bothers me less than others. He graduated and gave us some great moments on the field -good for him for taking advantage of the system. I’m excited to see what the younger receivers can do especially horatio fields. Keyshawn Williams is a tougher loss in my opinion because he could have been so versatile on the field covering up for the QB issues and wasn’t utilized at all. Wish banks all the best and will be rooting hard for him unless he goes to a Big 4 team or one of our opponents.

why does that matter?
Are you kidding?

Because after 4 years of college and graduating, the next step for most college grads is either:

a) to get a job and start making money;
b) or go to grad school.

So, Jahmal Banks attended WF for four years and will graduate in May 2023. Like the other WF undergraduates, he will go on to grad school, BUT also get handsomely paid to pursue a grad degree while playing football... impressive; perhaps not to you, which is unfortunate, but not surprising.

If Clawson starts Kern all year (and I guess he doesn't get hurt) do we still have Key/Banks? It must be asked.
Eh maybe, we still may be dealing with a pretty mediocre QB but the drop off from an offense that went from high 30 passing TDS a year to a low teens one is going to make WRs look elsewhere.

Back