• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next Year's FB Team + Scholarship Tracker |

Matt Colburn is 6th in career rushing yards at Wake Forest with 2,528. He rushed for roughly 20% of his total career yards in 2 games.
If the coaches could somehow have convinced him he was playing Louisville every week...

waterboy-tackle-fuel-3p1eihvw2qhlm6ot.gif

How did we not offer Va OL Mason Wade, a Duke commit? He's 6'5", 295.

We should now if his commitment was under Elko.

That dude HATED Louisville
Louisville pulled his scholarship wwwwaaaaayyyyy late right? That 2017 Louisville game was great coming out of the Wakey Leaks garbage the previous year. It's the only time I've seen Clawson run up a touchdown as we threw a deep ball with a minute left and up two scores already. Too bad it ended on a bad note because Dortch ruptured his screen on a TD stretch and didn't play another game in a Wake jersey.

That’s all you could come up with?

No but it was weird that you started talking about Alabama. I don’t care about Alabama.

I get that you’re a man of divided sports loyalties, but I’d prefer to talk about our Deacs.

So, if everybody staying suggests that everybody is on board with Clawson, then what do our high profile defections mean?

Louisville pulled his scholarship wwwwaaaaayyyyy late right? That 2017 Louisville game was great coming out of the Wakey Leaks garbage the previous year. It's the only time I've seen Clawson run up a touchdown as we threw a deep ball with a minute left and up two scores already. Too bad it ended on a bad note because Dortch ruptured his screen on a TD stretch and didn't play another game in a Wake jersey.
Well the 2018 season, uh, happened.

WF kept:

The best QB on the roster (which is kind of a "tallest midget" situation, but most were happy he stayed): Kern
Best OL with remaining eligibility: Gordon and Pettitbon
Best RB: Claiborne
Best Defensive player: Jasheen Davis
Best DT: Kevin Pointer

The receiver room was split: Morin, Greene (along with a lot young guys) stayed; Banks, Williams and Grimes left

Unless you have the time to survey every Power V roster for the quality of losses, hard to say how WF did in the high-profile transfer department, but anecdotally, it seems like WF's losses were in line or better than most schools. In this day and age, players transfer.

Last edited:
Marshall lost their starting QB to the portal. Chad Pennington's kid is starting their bowl game, and he has been horrid so far, as in 6 picks and 0 TDs. Should be a riveting competition between Griffis and Pennington.

Also, Marshall plays at Ohio State next year. If Mitch is able to secure the starting spot, that's going to be a tough one.

Last edited:
Back