• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next year's football unis ( and other items )

HONDO2

Reaction score
Yea it's way early but just assuming 1) they're now 5-6 years old/dated and 2) Ron probably offered/Clawson suggested a new/fresh flashy style to inject some much needed pizzaz. IMO, hope we ditch the white helmets in favor of a new metallic/bright helmet with the wraparound Deacon decal too.

Do we know as yet if Clawson got any other concessions ? Am thinking stuff like finally getting the refurbished locker room in Bridger.

I probably missed it but do we have any ideas on Clawson's contract ? I'm guessing 5 years starting at around $1.3 million with some normal performance bonus points. Am I too high or too low ?

thanks

Please no 'Deacon Head' on the helmet. Just makes us look like an old white guy University. I actually wish we'd take the Deacon head off the basketball court and just have the WF logo there.

Second that. Love the Deac Head... just not on the helmets.

I'd love to see the Flying WF from the 70's/early/mid 80's come back. I'm in a minority on that, I know.

Boom!

wake-forest-76-77.gif

I'd love to see the Flying WF from the 70's/early/mid 80's come back. I'm in a minority on that, I know.

I like the "flying" WF helmet logo also. But the present gold block WF logo exudes class if Clawson wants to keep it.

I'm hoping Claw is more worried about the heads in the helmets and bodies in the jerseys at this point. Perhaps we can table jersey changes until next year.

Might be the minority, but you're not alone. The flying WF was sweet.

I'm with you on the Flying WF, would love to see us break out some retro uni's with the Flying WF on the helmets for a game or 2.

It was designed under Mackovic and then retained by Groh. At the time was voted in SI as the second best helmet/uni in NCAAF only behind Mizzou. I replaced MANY a flying WF during my four years at Wake.

A lot of WF greats wore the flying WF. Venuto, Schofield, Duckett, McDougald, Newsome, Buamgardner. When I was a kid, I drew the flying WF on every damn thing I came in contact with.
PLEASE bring back the flying WF. I will proudly wear that shit everywhere to counteract all the folks here who have 'Cocks' on everything in sight....

A lot of WF greats wore the flying WF. Venuto, Schofield, Duckett, McDougald, Newsome, Buamgardner. When I was a kid, I drew the flying WF on every damn thing I came in contact with.
PLEASE bring back the flying WF. I will proudly wear that shit everywhere to counteract all the folks here who have 'Cocks' on everything in sight....

I did that as well. LOL

I wouldn't mind seeing the flying WF make its' reappearance.

Like to see the Matte black helmet with the outlined WF. That helmet was the best one of last season, IMO...

I think the white helmet only looks good with the all white uniform (Texas, Penn St). Burn those gold jerseys, stick with all black at home, gold/black pants with black helmet on road. The "flying WF" reminds me of '79.

Back