• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next Year's Starting 5? Also, Inch vs. Foot: What's the Difference?

Well, he is a foot shorter, so 12? :stupid:

Here's your statement:

Devin listed as 6'8" [That's 6 feet 8 inches. Got it?]
Big E listed as 6'9" [That's 6 feet 9 inches. How are we doing so far? Getting dizzy? Just breathe slowly.]

Now for all the money: How much taller is Big E? [Don't get confused just because I switched the question around from how much shorter is Devin. Hint #1: the answer is the same. Hint #2: the answer isn't "one foot". Hint #3: the answer is one something. You just have to figure out what that something is. I know you can do it. You've got a Wake degree after all. Don't you?]

Here's your statement:

Big E listed as 6'9" [That's 6 feet 9 inches. How are we doing so far? Getting dizzy? Just breathe slowly.]

Now for all the money: How much taller is Big E? [Don't get confused just because I switched the question around from how much shorter is Devin. Hint #1: the answer is the same. Hint #2: the answer isn't "one foot". Hint #3: the answer is one something. You just have to figure out what that something is. I know you can do it. You've got a Wake degree after all. Don't you?]

Great troll success. Kudos to you fine sirs.

Not a bad tactic...realize you've been an idiot and made an absolute ass of yourself and then turn your idiocy into trolling to make it look like it was on purpose. Well done.

That's what I thought. Would have been better if he just quit and let us wonder.

Here's your statement:

12 inches?

That's what I thought. Would have been better if he just quit and let us wonder.

Yes, I am an idiot and an ass and I am so worried about looking like an idiot and an ass on an anonymous message board.

So I still can't tell if Deac78 is trolling or not. I don't really care, but damn was this hilarious.

Also I don't think there are any rumored newcomers, we just clearly need transfers or more players for next year. I would love to have Evan Smotrycz as an option though but I don't know if that's reasonable. He averaged 8 and 5 in 21 minutes a game last year for Michigan and could definitely play a role in two years. In my opinion this is a better choice than recruiting another 4 for next year's class since he is a proven commodity and would have another year to bulk up while he's on the bench. [Redacted] should recruit him as hard as he can.

Does anyone know it it's DT grades or boards? I know Wake doesn't require SAT/ACT scores anymore but does the NCAA? I want the kid here no matter what, but given the new "culture" bs wouldn't Bzz and co be wary of bringing in a guy that might not be able to succeed academically here? Or do we only use that as an excuse when they leave us...

So I still can't tell if Deac78 is trolling or not. I don't really care, but damn was this hilarious.

Also I don't think there are any rumored newcomers, we just clearly need transfers or more players for next year. I would love to have Evan Smotrycz as an option though but I don't know if that's reasonable. He averaged 8 and 5 in 21 minutes a game last year for Michigan and could definitely play a role in two years. In my opinion this is a better choice than recruiting another 4 for next year's class since he is a proven commodity and would have another year to bulk up while he's on the bench. [Redacted] should recruit him as hard as he can.

What's a troll? Seriously. I'm clearly stupid.

Does anyone know it it's DT grades or boards? I know Wake doesn't require SAT/ACT scores anymore but does the NCAA? I want the kid here no matter what, but given the new "culture" bs wouldn't Bzz and co be wary of bringing in a guy that might not be able to succeed academically here? Or do we only use that as an excuse when they leave us...

Yes the NCAA clearing house still requires minimum test scores.

All I've heard so far is that DT hasn't achieved the required test score and has at least one more chance to take it.

Yes the NCAA clearing house still requires minimum test scores.

All I've heard so far is that DT hasn't achieved the required test score and has at least one more chance to take it.

While Wake does not take the ACT/SAT scores any more they certainly do look at them as a indicator. The Clearinghouse does count the score and will take whichever one passes the sliding scale. It all depends on the GPA. If the GPA is low the ACT/SAT score will need to be higher. Example: if the student has a 2.0 GPA he may need as high as a 21 or 22 on the ACT. That is just an example but I think I am in the ball park. So if a student has a low GPA he better ace the ACT or get at least a 1550 on the SAT.

828 inches?

While Wake does not take the ACT/SAT scores any more they certainly do look at them as a indicator. The Clearinghouse does count the score and will take whichever one passes the sliding scale. It all depends on the GPA. If the GPA is low the ACT/SAT score will need to be higher. Example: if the student has a 2.0 GPA he may need as high as a 21 or 22 on the ACT. That is just an example but I think I am in the ball park. So if a student has a low GPA he better ace the ACT or get at least a 1550 on the SAT.

Just to be clear, you don't have to submit an SAT score at all to be admitted to Wake Forest. Kind of a moot point since it's needed for NCAA purposes though.

Just to be clear, you don't have to submit an SAT score at all to be admitted to Wake Forest. Kind of a moot point since it's needed for NCAA purposes though.

I think SAT scores should be required before one is granted posting privileges on these boards. Math scores, anyway.

Back