• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL 2020-2021 Season Superbowl LV: Tampa Bay Buccaneers, QB Tom Brady Champs!

Yes if Deshaun isn’t in Miami come draft day, I’ll be shocked.

And hopefully surprised that he’s in Charlotte.

I think many people thought Detroit would be drafting a QB after trading Stafford but this changes that. A QB is back on the table for Carolina.

It’s still possible the Lions take Lance at #7.

I can't understand why anyone would think Watson would approve a trade to the Jets. He has a no trade clause. They suck and would be giving up at least three first round picks and other picks. Why would Watson want to play the prime of his career on his back for a terrible organization?

I can't understand why anyone would think Watson would approve a trade to the Jets. He has a no trade clause. They suck and would be giving up at least three first round picks and other picks. Why would Watson want to play the prime of his career on his back for a terrible organization?

His people have already indicated that's 1 of the teams he'd like to be traded to. Players love Saleh. That was the best hire this cycle. And Douglass is better than his predecessors. They have 2 1sts this year and next.

As a practical matter, I think this comes down to which QB Houston likes the most between Garrapolo, Darnold, Tua and Wilson.

C'ville, the Jets will have to give up all those draft choices. If Stafford is worth that haul, Watson is worth more.

DV7, if your team sucks in NY, you don't get the outside $$$ you would playing someplace that wins.

It’s still possible the Lions take Lance at #7.

I think it's now unlikely. The new Lions GM used to be with the Rams. I think he gives Goff a shot for at least the 1st year. If Wilson doesn't go #2, I can't see him making it past #4. But I think Rhule now might have his pick of Lance, Fields or Jones. And Rhule got a nice up close look at Jones last week, and he looked good again in practice. I've dismissed Jones all year because he was throwing to and was being protected by A-As. He may lack elite arm strength, but his accuracy has grown on me. And Fields has the bad habit of staring down WRs and not going through progressions. I now wouldn't be astonished if he's taken ahead of Fields or Lance.

C'ville, the Jets will have to give up all those draft choices. If Stafford is worth that haul, Watson is worth more.

DV7, if your team sucks in NY, you don't get the outside $$$ you would playing someplace that wins.

Dude, you're just wrong. Yeah, they'll have to give up 3 of those 4. But they also have considerable cap space and are 1 of the few teams in that situation. They'll be competitive before long no matter who the QB is.

The first part of being smart is knowing what to do.

The systems put in place will be easy for us to learn, but complicated for our opponents.

Eagles fans are going to LOVE this dude.

Dude, you're just wrong. Yeah, they'll have to give up 3 of those 4. But they also have considerable cap space and are 1 of the few teams in that situation. They'll be competitive before long no matter who the QB is.

Take about $30M off that cap space for Watson's difference vs. Darnold. If Stafford is worth Goff +3 1st rounders, Watson is worth at least four and other picks.

RE: Mark Sanchez's endorsements- I looked it up and it seems in 2012 (before the bloom came off), he made $1M. In 2019 and 2020, Matt Ryan was #10 in NFL endorsements with $5M/year.

Source?

That surprises me because I seem remember seeing The Sanchize in lots of ads.

Could be the Mandela Effect going on tho

the NYC market for exposure is overblown. the best player in the NBA has spent much of his career in Cleveland and did just fine with endorsements.

Source?

That surprises me because I seem remember seeing The Sanchize in lots of ads.

Could be the Mandela Effect going on tho

This gives you an idea of current endorsements for the NFL:

https://www.lineups.com/articles/highest-paid-nfl-players-salary-endorsements/

This is Sanchez for 2012

https://www.forbes.com/profile/mark-sanchez/?sh=4c6ebac43d24

Very few NFL players make huge endorsement money. Patrick Mahomes is becoming a Top 5 endorser and he's in KC. Seattle is a cool town but is far from NYC and Russell Wilson does well in a market far, far away. What matters for Watson's endorsements is winning.

the NYC market for exposure is overblown. the best player in the NBA has spent much of his career in Cleveland and did just fine with endorsements.

Yeah. Kevin Knox isn't going to get a ton of endorsements just because he's with the Knicks.

Yeah. Kevin Knox isn't going to get a ton of endorsements just because he's with the Knicks.

as Panthers QB, Cam had multiple national endorsement deals including Dannon yogurt, Under Armour, and others, and got his own Nickelodeon show. Was also on the cover of GQ.

Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers each have lots of deals, Peyton Manning used to be the biggest NFL pitchman while playing in Indianapolis.

Because he isn't a top of the game player like LeBron is -- I think that might have something to do with it too.

Watson is closer to being a LeBron than being a whoever the fuck you just said.

as Panthers QB, Cam had multiple national endorsement deals including Dannon yogurt, Under Armour, and others, and got his own Nickelodeon show. Was also on the cover of GQ.

Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers each have lots of deals, Peyton Manning used to be the biggest NFL pitchman while playing in Indianapolis.

And I never said it was the be-all and end-all of getting endorsement deals but it does add something to the appeal.

Watson already has an AWS commercial endorsement being in Houston. I'm sure he has others too. That wasn't my point, however.

Back