• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL 2020-2021 Season Superbowl LV: Tampa Bay Buccaneers, QB Tom Brady Champs!

Wow Steelers lose to Washington to end their perfect season. Also is Josh Allen good now?

He had a couple of awful games in the middle of the season but has been quite good other than that. I think he needs to perform well in the playoffs this year, given how badly he played in the 1 game last year. And he's shown significant improvement each of the last 2 years. So it's not a stretch to label him as being easily the best QB of his class.

What a draft. Kelvin Benjamin, Kony Ealy, Trai Turner, Tre Boston, Bene Benwikere, and Tyler Gaffney. That was a good draft until it wasn't.

By the way, 2nd round WRs picked that year include Davante Adams, Allen Robinson, and Jarvis Landry.

Was that when Gettleman was your GM? I'm wondering whether he survives this offseason with NYG.

NFL Week 13. Will the NFC East go 0-4?

Yep. That was G-Man. Gaffney never made the roster but the other five were contributors on the SB team and I think all five started the next season. Obviously Trai is still very good. Tre is solid. The others aren’t in the league anymore.

He had a couple of awful games in the middle of the season but has been quite good other than that. I think he needs to perform well in the playoffs this year, given how badly he played in the 1 game last year. And he's shown significant improvement each of the last 2 years. So it's not a stretch to label him as being easily the best QB of his class.

Whoa. You think Allen is “easily” better than Lamar Jackson?

Last edited:
Jets fired Gregg Williams as DC after their inexplicable last second loss. Gasse wishes he had called timeout and changed the defense.

Was that when Gettleman was your GM? I'm wondering whether he survives this offseason with NYG.

Gettleman isn't going anywhere. Judge is a candidate for COY and Gettlemant hit on every draft pick other than McKinney who may end up being the best of the group but has been injured. Plus the Leonard Williams trade and Logan Ryan signings are looking like genius moves. The fanbase is the most excited it has been since ELIte was hoisting yet another Lombardi trophy, all without Saquan. If Gettleman got canned they would revolt.

Yep. That was G-Man. Gaffney never made the roster but the other five were contributors on the SB team and I think all five started the next season. Obviously Trai is still very good. Tre is solid. The others aren’t in the league anymore.

Whoa. You think Allen is “easily” better than Lamar Jackson?

Not last year. But this year, definitely. As a Ravens fan, Lamar has regressed as a passer. Some of that is due to an inferior OL that has not blocked well for the run or pass (we lost Yanda and Stanley and have had other injuries as well). But a lot of that is due to opposing DCs getting the book on Lamar and Gregg Roman. On the option, they're taking the RB and inviting him to run 12-15 times a game and get more hits. In the passing game, they're concentrating on Andrews and Brown and clogging the middle of the field where he is more accurate than throwing to the boundaries. He was great against the blitz last year but has struggled mightily this year. My worry about Lamar is a repeat of what happened with Kaep in SF with Roman as OC. Kaep and Roman had a great 2 year run, but after opposing teams got a book on Kaep, he was ineffective thereafter. I'm hoping history does not repeat itself with Roman, that they bring in a passing game coordinator this offseason to help with scheming WRs open, and that Lamar improves with his accuracy outside the numbers.

Jalen Hurts gonna start vs Saints

Wentz's line and WRs aren't great, but that doesn't explain everything that happened this year. He's always held on to the ball too long (he fumbled a lot, although the INTs this year are new). Lately, he's been getting way too much air under balls-his deep passes in recent weeks look like they were thrown by a punter. Philly has too much invested in him long term to cut bait, even after this year, but I am curious what Hurts has to offer.

Dez Bryant finds out during warmups he tested positive. I’m sure he hasn’t been in close proximity to anyone else. Game on!

Joe buck just dropped this gem.

"The Ravens still play a lot of teams ahead of them, so if they win out and get to 11-5 that probably them into the playoffs."

A) they play one team with a winning record in their final 4 games (Browns next week)
2) yeah, "probably" seeing that only 2 teams have finished with 11 wins and not made the playoffs.
D) there are expanded playoffs this year. 11-5 will definitely, as in 100%, make the playoffs.

Week 13 title is why I don't bet NFL games. Steelers loss to Washington is significantly attributable to the Steelers messed up week last week because of Ravens Covid.

"The Ravens still play a lot of teams ahead of them, so if they win out and get to 11-5 that probably them into the playoffs."

A) they play one team with a winning record in their final 4 games (Browns next week)
2) yeah, "probably" seeing that only 2 teams have finished with 11 wins and not made the playoffs.
D) there are expanded playoffs this year. 11-5 will definitely, as in 100%, make the playoffs.

Joe Buck has been EXPOSED !!

Yeah, we make it at 11-5. But 10-6 is really iffy. I don't see LV making it with their schedule. But I think Ind, Ten and Cle get to 11-5. Mia has a tough schedule, but I think they get to 10-6. The Cle game is key to us. If we lose to them and beat NYG, we'll be 4-0 against the NFC, which probably means we lose the tie break to Mia. And I don't feel good about Garrett against our rookie G playing RT. Nor am I confident that we're going to stop their running game given that we let Dal rush for 100+.

It's mind-boggling that you would go with Taysom freaking Hill over Jameis here.

Anyon else watching Red Zone? The Seattle game is shot in a dingy blue-gray lens. Looks washed out - like in a movie to show a memory or a dream. It is shocking when they cut back to another game in bright vivid colors.

Back