• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Color Rush Uniforms

The NFL seems like they're missing out by not allowing the crazy uniform stuff you see in college. The NBA certainly hasn't had a problem experimenting. Even the NHL with their Stadium Series uniforms have jumped on this.

OWGs hate change though. It's the reason why the only "great" NFL jerseys have been unchanged for 40-50 years.

Uniforms are really the brand. Professional sports teams aren't going to do things to potentially confuse their brand.
In the NFL the uniform is the brand to an even greater degree because you can't see the faces of the players....if they wear wild alternate uniforms, casual observers would have no clue who was who. In the NBA, the players are the brand...you recognize the faces as much as the uniform...so you can afford to wear a different alternate on more occasions without compromising brand recognition.

Here we have the colors each team will wear: Cleats will aslo be in the color listed... I'm still interested to see if the helmets will also be adjusted to go full mono....

Nov. 12: Bills (Red) at Jets (Kelly Green)

Nov. 19: Titans (Titans Blue) at Jaguars (Bold Gold)

Nov. 26: Panthers (Panthers Blue) at Cowboys (White)

Dec. 17 (Week 15): Buccaneers (Red) at Rams (Yellow Gold)

Here we have the colors each team will wear: Cleats will aslo be in the color listed... I'm still interested to see if the helmets will also be adjusted to go full mono....

Nov. 12: Bills (Red) at Jets (Kelly Green)

Nov. 19: Titans (Titans Blue) at Jaguars (Bold Gold)

Nov. 26: Panthers (Panthers Blue) at Cowboys (White)

Dec. 17 (Week 15): Buccaneers (Red) at Rams (Yellow Gold)

So the Cowboys' color rush is a no color rush.

Bills vs Jets is going to look like a Christmas present.

I'm not the only one who sees this as the Jets uniform, right?

smxz0Xd.jpg

Meh

Maybe if they went with the chrome helmets that are now all the rage....

Anything to sell more licensed products. Plenty of saps will scoop these up.

Back when Ten had CJ2K and Vince Young I used to rock that same getup while I was killing kids in madden.

Back