• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL cuts

McCoy is going to get many millions from Houston or another team (maybe SD or Philly).

McCoy is going to get many millions from Houston or another team (maybe SD or Philly).

Nah, they just traded for Carlos Hyde. I don't think any team claims him on his current contract and he clears waivers and plays for someone else for less money. Eagles also cut Smallwood, who someone will likely pick up. Eagles also cut Wisniewski, and I expect my Ravens to put in a waiver claim for him.

KJ Brent, Tommy Bohannan, Ryan Anderson and Kyle Wilbur also got cut. Phil Haynes was placed on the PUP list. Can't find anything on Duke Eojifor, I think he was hurt before camp? So for now our Sunday players are Dortch, KJ in Buffalo, and M Lee with the Raiders.

McCoy to Chiefs, back with Andy Reid.

Players with multiple years of league service, like McCoy, are "vested veterans" and become true free agents once released. That is, they are not subject to waiver claims and can immediately negotiate with any other team. They can sign a new contract as soon as the team and player agree.

Teams have 24 hours to put in a claim for any waived player. The priority of claims is the base draft order (prior to any trades) from the just finished season.

Miami is having a fire sale, though they really raked Houston over the coals. Houston is making some god awful long term moves. I think a good move for Indy would be to trade next year's 2nd and a late pick for Josh Rosen. Miami will have the #1 or 2 pick next year and will draft a QB. Brissett and Indy will be decent enough this year that they'll be drafting in the teens, which means they'll miss out on the top 3=4 QBs. Get Rosen now, start Brissett this year and then have a QB competition next year.

Back